One

Kasabay ng pagtunog ng buzzer ay ang malakas na hiyawan ng mga tao na pumuno ngayon sa gymnasium ng Vanderbilt University. The Vanderbilt Lady Slammers won the championship game over their opponent with a score of 25-23.

"Trinity! Trinity!" the whole crowd cheered as the other players of Vanderbilt Lady Slammer's lifted her up. They won because of her turning the score around with her attacks. She finished the last set with 14 attacks, 4 aces and a kill block earning her 19 points.

She was holding the championship trophy when she was mobbed by reporters. She smiled even if she's dead tired. It was a happy day for their school and team so she's in the mood to accommodate interviews.

"I'd like to say thank you to Vanderbilt fans and to our families and friends. They've been with us when we're losing and they're with us now when we won. I still hoped we could have finished 3-0 but 3-1 is still a good result. Our opponent is strong too and it was a good game. We wanted to finish strong and we did. My team mates did great and it's a team effort," she answered.

"You're awarded as the MVP this year and this is the third year in a row that you won. Aside from that, you've also bagged the Best Scorer and Best Spiker. How do you feel right now?"

"Actually, nakaka-amaze. Hindi ko naman siya expected na makukuha, I mean there are a lot of players that I think are better than me. Maybe it's my height? I don't know. It's an honor to win these awards but you know, I never really excpect anything." she chuckled. "As the captain of this team, I never pressure my team mates that we should win every game, lagi ko lang sinasabi sa sarili ko and sa team na do your best and just have fun lang."

"Did you receive any advices from your parents?"

She smiled a little when the reporter brought up her parents. As usual. "They're busy but they wished me good luck before the game."

Kahit pawisan ay sinubukan niyang sagutin lahat ng tanong ng mga reporters bago siya hatakin ng kanilang coach para makawala sa mga ito. Some students asked her for a picture and she accommodated them with a smile. Nang makarating na sila sa lockers area, they huddled together and prayed together to thank the Lord for their victory.

"Hey Trinity, hindi ka ba talaga sasama sa victory party? Of all people, ikaw dapat ang nandoon," She was tying her shoes when Mackenzie, her teammate, approached her.

"Hindi talaga eh. I have a meeting to attend for my sorority since Violet can't come. You know, VP duties."

"Oh basta, kapag maaga ka nalang matapos, sunod ka."

Tumango nalang siya sa sinabi nito at nagpaalam na sa mga kasama niya na mauuna na siya. Nagtungo siya sa auditorium kung saan gagawin ang assembly na dadaluhan ng faculty at mga presidente ng mga orgs, clubs, sororities and fraternities. Naabutan niya na halos puno na ang loob ng auditorium at naabutan niya roon si Brooke. Nagkagulatan pa sila nang makita ang isa't isa.

"Why are you here? Didn't you receive my text?" tanong sakanya ni Brooke.

"Patay pa rin phone ko."

"Ah. Anyway, congratulations miss MVP!" bati nito at niyakap siya. "You can leave and celebrate with your team. Ako na bahala sa meeting."

She scrunched her nose. "Nah, tinatamad na ko bumalik. I'm tired. I'll stay here with you and listen."

Naupo sila sa may dulo. Humihikab siya nang kalabitin siya ng lalaking nasa likod niya. Liningon niya iyon at nagulat siya nang muntik na magkabanggaan ang mga mukha nila dahil nakadukwang na ito sakanya.

"Hi." Bati nito sakanya at naglahad ng kamay.

"Uhm, hi?" bati niya pabalik at kinamayan ito.

Natawa ang lalaki. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. You're Trinity Isla Vasquez, right?"