Chapter 9: Suspicion

"Hey, slow down!" Zackery shouted, seeing Faniel swallowing his food so quickly. "You're going to choke."

Wiping his lips, Faniel beamed. "It's time for the rainbow Popsicle."

"Geez...you act like a child. All you care about is your dessert."

"Would you rather be my dessert instead?"

"Ugh, go eat your color-filled Popsicle."

"Rainbow Popsicle," Faniel corrected.

"Whatever."

Grinning from ear to ear, Faniel shot up from his chair and went to get his treat. He returned to his seat and sat down. Removing the wrapper, Faniel started licking the sweet Popsicle stick slowly along its length.

"Mm..."

Great god! Not again... Zackery choked on the dumpling that was half hanging out of his mouth and started coughing.

Faniel stood up and brushed Zackery's back with his free hand. "Are you okay?"

"It...it's all your fault," he managed to say while catching his breath.

"What did I do?" Faniel complained.

"Must you eat it like that?"

"Like what?"

"Like..." Zackery leaned over and whispered the answer into Faniel's ear.

"What?!" Faniel's jaws dropped. "I...don't look like I'm licking a...you know, do I?"

"Very much so," Zackery admitted, "and it gets me extremely excited."

"W-Was that why you acted so strangely last week?"

Zackery nodded. "Yes."

"So, you needed to pee just as I did when I saw you eat the spicy noodles?"

"Must you use the word 'pee'?"

"Um...you know what I mean."

"Yes, you make me want to pee."

"Oh, I see." Faniel chuckled. "I guess the two of us shouldn't observe each other eat in order to keep things under control."

"To tell you the truth, I don't need to see you eat for that to occur. The mere thought of you makes me horny."

"Actually," Faniel felt his face warming up, "that goes for me too."

"Ooh...is a certain someone in love with me?"

"Only if you are in love with that certain someone."

Smiles lifted their rosy cheeks as they leaned in to shorten the distance of their lips. They stopped everything when Faniel's cell began ringing.

"Hold this." Quickly handing Zackery his Popsicle, Faniel went to answer his phone. "Hello?"

"Faniel?"

"Luke?"

"Yes, I'm Luke."

"Is something the matter?"

"Patryk asked me to go to your place to pick up the document for the top ten songs. Do you have it?"

"I gave it to Joe two days ago. He didn't give it to Patryk?"