Prologue

You've been asked by a friend to collect some textbooks from school. You shuddered at the thought, and criticised him, saying, "Why can't you?!"

You still had to go.

You hated that school. The only subject was maths and the teacher was horrible.

No, the teacher was crazy. Literally.

••••

You walked through the doors as casually as you could and heard the irritating voice echo into the halls. His pale face came into view, bald head shining violently. As he vigorously waved, his creased green t-shirt seemed to crinkle and a small patch of sweat could be seen under his armpit. "Hi there!" He spoke the usual, reciting his speech that introduced every student to Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning. He had overly-red lips that barely moved as he spoke and one single hair that curled on his otherwise smooth head.

"Hey dude, I just want some notebooks and then I'll get going—"

"Answer the questions in the notebook! Don't get one wrong or else I'll get angry."

You sighed and took a seat in the generic classroom. Lifting the notebook up, you clicked a pen that was resting beside it and began scribbling in some answers. You suddenly came across question 3, which was all jumbled up and confusing. Your heart stuttered as you heard a quiet "hmm..." from behind you. You glanced to see Baldi hovering over you menacingly, waiting for a mistake.

You gulped and put the book down. "I- I don't know..." Baldi's face turned from a welcoming smile to a very angry frown. He retreated to his office to take out his trusty ruler and you heard a slapping noise echo into the hallways. You began to run. You NEEDED the notebooks.

SLAP

You turned a corridor and heard a voice behind you.

SLAP

Not caring who it was, you continued to run but felt a hand grab your shoulder.

SLAP

"No running in the halls. Thirty seconds detention for you. When will you learn?"