Chapter 9

You glanced over your shoulder as Baldi pulled you into his classroom. It was clear that nobody went in there. Everyone was scared of Baldi, even the principal. You winced as the morning lights blinded you through the window. "I've been here all night?" You groaned and felt yourself yawn on cue. 

"Tired? Hm... You've been here all night." He repeated and placed a finger on his chin, as if his mind was troubled and conflicted.

"I should get going. My neighbors will be wondering where I am." Your voice was calm and composed as your thoughts raced on how you'd convince him to escape. "You can't keep me here forever. I have a life to get on with too."

He sat at his desk, and for once, he looked defeated. "Oh (Y/N)... I feel so bad for dragging you into all of this!" He beckoned you forward and you moved forward scarcely, ready for the ongoing speech.

"All my life,  I've been alone and scared! I dragged all those pure people into my school and they were my slaves... my company, my life! I think it is time to set them free. I'm not the bad guy; I killed because I felt like I needed to."

You blinked hard. "I can help you. We can see therapists-"

"We?"

"U-Unless you don't want to go with me..." You suddenly realized you felt a slight pang of empathy- almost sympathy. 

"I'll go with you. ONLY with you." His response was short, but it was enough. Maybe this was the start of a new life for Baldi. "Then I can be around you more often without you running away!"

You almost fell over as you remembered his current situation. He had yandere tendencies. He would kill for you...

"We'll have to put up some rules if you think you're going to be around me so much."

"For now, the main rule... NO killing."

His smile grew, and almost stretched off his face. You felt your heart churn as you thought of how happy you made him. It made you feel needed, wanted. 

"Deal."