Chapter I. Plane change

*** It's time for me to say hi again to all of you who will check this story out. It has been a while since I wrote something here on wattpad, but now I am at it again, giving it another shot. For your knowledge; this is just a raw draft so to speak, not edited yet (too bad really), so there will probably be errors in grammar, typos and so on, so please go easy on me. ***

The moment Erica sat down in her seat on the plane, was the moment a nagging thought told her that something was off. Really off. If she hadn't actually already been aware the second after a flight attendant had shown her to a different gate than what her boarding-pass told her, on the pretence that she'd been upgraded, she definitely was now.

She cautiosly looked around in the small cabin with eyes the size of plates. Jesus, Maria and Josef, this is just a frikkin' Cessna. Not the overly sized Boeing 747 that she expected to be on. Quite the difference now, wouldn't you say? And upgrade? To Erica this was a serious and utter most ridiculous downgrade. What the actual hell? 

And the moment when the alarmbells in her head went off with full force was, when the last two passangers boarded. Two men. 

There's nothing unusual with two men boarding a plane, that much could Erica agree on. But it was the way they looked . . . AND, specifically, the way they looked at HER. She gulped.

One of them was big . . . he was huge. Muscles all over the place. And he was tall. Erica blinked. Would he ever fit in the seats? Holy moly. His eyes were dark and he was looking straight at her with a scowl as he smoothly sat down in the seat next to her across the narrow aisle.  Okay, so that  about answered her question.

The other one had a more normal size, with a few muscles here and there. But it was his looks that made Erica look twice. Crikey! What a stunner.  The good Lord sure had been generous with cheekbones, hair and lips on that one. As he passed her seat to sit down behind her, he fired away a crooked grin at her. 

Closing her eyes briefly, Erica could feel her cheeks go warm in an instant. God how lame. He just gave you a smile. A smile. She opened her eyes again and stared down in her own lap. Was she really back to being a naive schoolgirl again? 

Taking a few, well needed breaths of air, she tried to collect herself. Like from a distance, she could hear the captain talk as they rolled out on the runway. God how she needed a drink. A really, really strong drink. After a second or two, she giggled silently to herself. Like that's gonna happen. On this plane. A midget Cessna. You just have to endure, she told herself.

"Anything funny?" a low booming voice asked her over the sound of the engine. Erica snapped her head to the side, only to find herself staring like a moron at the guy across the aisle. The giant. With all the muscles. And the scowl was still there.

Smiling sheepishly at him, she shrugged her shoulders a little.

"Just the stupid urge to have a beverage of some kind. Preferably with a lot of alcohol in it."

A spontaneuos laugh split the otherwise stern expression, and the ever present scowl that he had on his face, into a shadow of a smile for just a second. "Oh yeah. I can see the humor in that." He rolled his eyes and then the smile was gone. "Like that's going to happen."

Erica widened her eyes. Her exact thought .

The moment after she was pushed back in her seat as the plane accelerated down the runway and took off.  It felt like her heart took a dive and then went straight up again, and her facial expression told the story.