✨Just Not Our Time (Something Different)~Dorbyn✨

Ship(s): Dorbyn (Corbyn and Daniel)

Prompt: Corbyn and Daniel, so madly in love with one another, together for 4 years since freshmen. Now graduated and time for college. But different colleges, both on either side of the country. Both decide to break up, and nothing hurts worse then being in love with someone but can't be together. Others see it and it breaks their heart that these two can't be together. Simply because it's not their time.

Famous or nah: nah

-Corbyn's POV-

"I think we should talk about it Dani," I tell my boyfriend of four years as we lay silent in bed. Both looking up at the ceiling, lost in our thoughts.

"I don't want to. I don't want to face reality just yet," He whispers softly as my heart cracks.

"I don't either babe. But it's time," I tell him, taking a deep breath.

"We both leave for college in two weeks. Let's talk so we can have a little time to heal before the big day," I tell him as we both sit up. I lean over and turn on the lamp on my nightstand as Daniel does the same to his lamp on his nightstand.

"I love you so much corbs, I really don't want to do this," Dani said as he looked at me, his eyes glossy.

"I love you so much to Dani. I don't want us to end," I said, my eyes becoming glossy as well.

"But our time zones are gonna be off. Our classes are also off. I wish we didn't have to be separated but I kept my promise to myself." I continued.

"I promised myself to follow my dreams, not a guy. Even if the guy is the love of my life." I said softly as Dani nodded, also agreeing.

"So is the end of us?" Daniel asked, the important question that we both didn't want the answer to. But knew. Knew that it was. At least for now.

"It is for now," I nodded sadly as a sob escaped Dani's mouth, my sob soon following after.

I pulled Daniel into a hug. Wanting to stay with him forever. But I want to follow my dreams. I want to do this for myself. And I can't let anyone stand in the way.

"Promise me that you won't hang onto me for to long?" I whispered in his ear.

"I can't promise anything," sobbed Dani.

"Dani, listen, if you meet a guy, give him a chance. I don't care. I don't want you to suffer. Now I'm not saying, go out and look. But if you happen to meet someone, give them a chance," I told him as I looked in his eyes. His eyes reflecting light from the moon that was shining on them.

"Only if you do the same," was his only response.

"Ok," I said, closing my eyes and nodding. "But we still have to keep in touch." I told him firmly.

"Duh," he let out as I cracked a smile.

"It hurts. To know I'm letting you go. To know that you could meet someone else. But I will put my happiness over yours anytime Dani. I want you to go to college and live your life. Don't be sad for to long. Life is short and it can end in seconds," I told him softly as tears escaped my eyes.

"I never thought I'd be saying this is the end for us. I don't want to let you go. I don't want to leave you. I wanna hold you and be near you. But I also want my dream to come true," Dani admitted softly. While I nodded in response, totally agreeing with him.

"It hurts seeing two people be so madly in love with each other but can't be together cause of time. It's just not their time," I said softly as I laid back in bed, Dani following as he laid his head on my chest while I wrapped my arm around his waist.

"But it hurts worse when you're the one experiencing it," I said as a sob escaped my lips, I couldn't hold it in anymore.

"I love you so much," sobbed Dani as he hugged my waist tightly. As I hugged him back tightly as well. None of us wanting to let go.

We both knew that in the morning, Dani would go back to his parents' house and I would go back to mine. Just for the two weeks until we both left for college. We would leave the hotel we decided to stay at for privacy.

We both cried as we started to fall asleep. Pain and hurt, the only two emotions running through us. It was so hard. Harder then I thought.

I didn't expect us to last our high school experience. But I also wouldn't want it any other way.

"Just not our time," was the last thing I whispered before darkness consumed me. And I hoped that this was not the end of us forever. I prayed that in the future, somehow, someway, Daniel and I would find our way back to each other. Cause our love was special. It was something different.

_\\__\\_\\_\\_\\_\\_\\_\\_\\_\\

This one shot was inspired by Liza and David 😭😭 ik ik I'm late but this came to mind out of nowhere as I thought of them and thought of a new one shot idea. What did u think?

I hope you enjoyed it :) even though it was a little sad 😢

Comment

Vote

And follow me

-Mariana 💜✨

Love you guys so much and don't forget that 💕💜