Chapter 14

MINA's POV

"Jaemin?" I started to panic as I looked around and ran deep into the forest. "Jaemin?" I called multiple times before I stumbled upon a rock. Stupid rock. I looked forward and I see a waterfall creating a little pond.

Wait. What.

As I went closer, I called out Jaemin for like the 50th time. As I was at the edge of the pond-like, It was almost day time and I noticed that the water didn't look like any regular water. It was.. dark.

Almost blue? Midnight blue kind of. With shimmer or something. I bent down to touch the water looking but was interrupted by a loud manly scream.

My thought instantly went to Jaemin. "Jaemin?!" I yelled as I stood up and scan the forest. I heard the loud scream again and it stopped. I ran to where I heard the scream. I then saw flames. Fire? It wasn't fully daytime so I could clearly see the outline of the fire.

I bent down and hid behind a tree, peaked over and nearly had a heart attack. There I see Jaemin, his shirt was ripped and was dirty as if he was being dragged.

He stood in a circle of fire. His hands tied on to a wooden pole. There were about 5 people that was guarding Jaemin. I covered my mouth to prevent myself from yelling.

I needed to think this through. Should I go back and call the rest? I mean it's like 15 of us vs 5 right? I looked over to where they were at. Jaemin's eyes slowly fluttered open and he immediately tried his best to untie himself.

Nope. I can't. I can't go back and call the rest. He might get barbecued when we come back. One thing I do know about Jaemin is that he will do ANYTHING to have his peace. Even if it means..

Frick. I need to think fast. "I can help you," I gasped and a hand immediately covered my mouth. I- I don't see anyone??? Suddenly a figure of a lady around my age appeared in front of me, causing me to jump.

"Shh... you'll get us killed, idiot." She rolled her eyes and peak to the side of the tree with her hand still covering my mouth. "Okay, I will remove my hand but you better shut up if you want me to help you get your boyfriend back," she said dead serious. I nodded and she removed her hand.

She stood up and offered a hand. I gladly accepted it and stood face to face with her. "My name is Grace," she smiled and held out a hand, "I'm Mina.." I said and shook her hand. She didn't look old or young. She's like.. in between? I don't know.

"I will take you to my cottage and you have to listen to me okay?" She said still eyeing Jaemin. It seems sketchy but what can I do. My eyes widened as I saw a beast looking male heading to our direction. "Um, Grace.." I panic. She turned around and immediately strangled me, covering my mouth. "Don't. move. a muscle." she whispers as we both looked at the beast walking past us.

She released and took my hand dragging me as we both ran to the opposite side of where Jaemin was. Let me tell you this, I was running 3x faster than how I usually run. It's so unusual.

"So this, is my cottage," She winked and went inside. Part of me felt unsafe but at the same time I feel like I can trust her. Maybe. I looked at the cottage and it looks wrecked... and like old. I started to get goosebumps.

As I walked in, my jaws dropped to the core of the Earth

As I walked in, my jaws dropped to the core of the Earth. Everything was .. neat in a weird and unique way??? I stepped in taking a better look at her cottage. Well damn. "Do you like it?" She asked. "Hell yeah," I said in shocked. Pretty neat considering the fact that it looked wrecked on the outside.

 Pretty neat considering the fact that it looked wrecked on the outside

"Funny, my parents hated it." She laughed and sat on the couch. "Are you kidding. I always wanted to try and live in a house that's mainly built in wood." I said still looking around. She scoffs, "Anyway, I think I have an idea of how to save you boyfriend," she said and walked over to where I think is her office or desk.

"Okay first, He ain't my boyfriend." I laughed, "He hates my guts, I'm just doing this because I was the reason he's in that position right now," I sighed, "mmhm sounds like another bf and gf drama to me," she laughed.

The whole day we've been planning out on what to do, I was mainly standing and listening to her because she knows this forest well. I also found out she lived alone and doesn't have any communication to her family because they hated her. I also noticed that, Grace is insanely pale. Like no joke, like paper looking pale, as if she wasn't herself or if she was sick.

"Grace?" I said, "hmm?" She hummed. "In.. the forest, when we were at the tree.. we both saw those beast looking males, they were muttering something in a different language or something and you held me, that person, animal or thing didn't attack us? Why?.. even the running going to your place" I asked out of curiosity and I swear to God, as if Grace wasn't pale enough, she got even more pale.

"I - long story short, whatever happens tonight, don't trust anyone in that place. It's dangerous. I know you just met me and you probably don't trust me at all but that's fine. I'm just here to do my job. It's to help you through your journey. If you succeed, take your boyfriend and get the hell out of here. Don't turn back, just keep going okay? Run as fast as you can." She said in a serious tone. I nodded.

"Now follow me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[a/n: have a great day/night! Xo]