~Chapter 3~

Star opened her eyes and looked around, her eyes were droopy and she felt groggy. Marco and Jackie were in front of her. Star didn't know how the teacher didn't catch her sleeping, maybe its because she was too busy gawking at whatever was on her computer.

A sharp pain suddenly thundered through Stars forehead, "Ouch."

Marco turned around at the sound of her voice, "Star, you're awake, I heard a huge bang from behind us and I got really worried and didn't know what to do so I just... Left you?" Marco sounded unsure of his choice of words and Star could tell he was regretting that decision.

Star ignored his comment and just groaned, "is this lesson nearly over?"

Marco checked the clock above the doorway, before turning back around to look at her, "we have 10 minutes left," his eyes darted up to her forehead and he gulped loudly, "wow, your forehead..."

Star looked at her reflection in her phone-screen, a red bump was forming on her head and she moved her fingers over to touch it, cringing at the pain.

"Hey, Marco?" Jackie got Marco's attention and he turned around to look at her but first shot Star an apologetic look.

Star stared at the two in front of her and clenched her fists. Seeing Marco with someone who wasn't her made her blood feel like it was boiling.The bell rung out to signal the end of the lesson, distracting her from Marco and Jackie. Everyone jumped up to leave, including Star.

The teacher immediately called Stars name as she attempted to leave, "you have detention, sit back down."

Marco looked at Star, she rolled her eyes and sighed. She turned around and headed back to her seat. Her head suddenly started to feel light and she began to sweat suddenly. She rushed over to the nearest desk and held onto to it. The room felt like it was spinning around her and it was only getting faster. Marco saw what was happening and rushed over to assist her. But it was too late, she had already collapsed onto the ground in a heap.

Star woke up in a room that looked like the nurses office, an ice-pack was strapped to her head and everything ached. Her neck felt stiff when she tried to move it to look around. Trying to recall the events from earlier, she looked at the clock, lunchtime was almost over. Star began to regain feelings in her hands and feet, and realised that she could feel a tight grip around her left hand. She turned her attention to her hand and saw that Marco's hand was clutching her own tightly and he was staring at the ground.

"Hey, Marco," Star squeezed his hand with her own.

Marco jumped and shot his head up, "Star! I'm so glad you're awake, are you okay?"

"My body hurts, but I'm going be fine," she forced a smile, she didn't ever want to make him feel sad.

"You passed out, I couldn't get to you in time and you hit the ground," Marco sighed in disappointment.

"Marco, please don't worry about that right now," Star tried to sit up but Marco stopped her.

"You should let yourself rest, Star."

Spending time with Marco like everything was normal made Star forget the one thing that was making her unhappy, "where's Jackie?"

"She's with Janna, I couldn't leave you here to show her around the school, you are my best friend after all..." Marco sighed.

Marco sighed, "I realised that sitting next to Jackie this morning was bad on my part, but I remember when I moved here, it was horrible, spending all my time alone and getting lost, I didn't want someone else to feel that way."

Star tensed at the thought of the morning, "it doesn't matter."

Marco looked sad, "just know, I will never ditch you for Jackie, ever."

Star reached over and brushed his hand through his brunette-hair, it felt soft,"I know."

Marco reluctantly pulled his hand away fro  Stars, she clutched on to him but he still pulled away, "I have to leave for class now, Star."

"I see," Star sniffled sadly.

"I wish I could stay and keep you company, but the nurse always comes out to force me to go to class," he stood up and walked to the door, "see you later, Star."

Star watched as Marco called Jackies name and then rushed to meet her. Star frowned, how was he able to get so close to somebody he'd only just met? She had never really had a proper friend until Marco, she never bothered to attempt at making any, if anyone attempted to make friends with her she would coldly reject them. She'd always believed that she was supposed to live life on her own. Everyone would die anyway, it doesn't matter whether they have company during those times. Of course this was the way she used to think, until she met her best friend, Marco Diaz. She knew that she would be the only one to make him happy since they first met, she remembered their first meeting vividly.

~Flashback~

Star was sitting alone in the back of the classroom, eating lunch alone like she always did. Watching the tiny red arrow on the clock tik by as it counted the seconds, praying that it would go faster so she could go home. A boy walked past the classroom, wearing a red hoodie with the hood pulled up, hiding his face. He turned his head slightly and caught her eye, she moved her head away quickly and turned to look out of the window. She hadn't seen him before, maybe he was new? She heard footsteps enter the classroom and she sighed angrily, why wouldn't anyone leave her alone?

"Star?"

She turned her head to look at the boy, she could now see his face clearly, she immediately took notice to his hazel eyes and frowned.

"That is your name right?" He pulled a chair from another desk to sit beside her.

Star sighed, there was no getting out of this, "yes, it is, what do you want?"

Marco sighed, "I just want to talk to you, I always walk by and see you sitting alone in this room, so I figured you didn't have anyone to talk to and I have no friends either, so what's the harm in to anti-social teenagers getting together and becoming friends right?"

Star gulped as the words left his mouth, there was a pit forming in her stomach, it was something she had never felt before...

~End Of Flashback~

Star hated the way she felt about Marco, but at the same time, she loved it, he was her only source of happiness and he completed her.

The nurse came into the office and interrupted her thoughts, "Hello, Star, I'm not surprised to see you here," he nurse removed the ice pack which was on her head and replaced it with a new colder one.

"Thank you," she placed it on her head, shivering at the ice making contact with her bare skin.

The nurse sat on the chair that Marco had just been sitting on and looked around.

"Marco not here today?" She asked.

"He just left..." Star gulped, she hated the thought of him being with Jackie right now, part of her wanted to go back to class and supervise, but the other part of her wanted to give up and just go back to sleep.

"I would send you back to class, but I know that you'll refuse again," the nurse sighed, she'd dealt with many incidents like this.

"Its pointless anyway," Star scoffed and folded her arms, "the teacher doesn't even teach us anything."

"Or maybe its just because you dont listen..." The nurse raised her eyebrows.