~Chapter 5~

Star clenched her hand into a fist and knocked onto the brown door in front of her. She heard a few locks being undone before it was thrown open.

"Star?" Marco rubbed his eyes, "I mean it's nice to see you but what are you doing here?"

"It's long story, can I stay here for a bit?" Star sighed.

"Sure, my parents are out, so they shouldn't care that much," Marco opened the door wider to give Star room to squeeze inside.

The inside of Marco's house was so warm compared to the streets outside. His house was decorated a lot nicer than Star's, it was probably because his parents had enough money to do so. She followed Marco upstairs to his room, it looked as though he had been doing homework.

"You didn't come back to class," Marco shut the door behind them and watched as Star placed her bag on the ground and took a seat on his bed.

"I know, I wasn't feeling up to it," Star shrugged, "were you doing homework?" She pointed to the pile of papers on his desk, hoping that he would change the subject.

"Yeah, we had some math homework, I was going to give it to you because you didn't get it," Marco flicked through some of the paper and pulled out a sheet.

Star took it from him, "I probably wont do it, but thank you."

Marco's phone suddenly began to ring from across the room, making both of them jump slightly. Marco rushed over to see who was calling, while Star watched him intently. He picked it up and signalled her to wait with his finger, before heading out of the room. Star took this time alone to have a look around, his room didn't look any different from last time she saw it.

Marco returned quicker than Star expected him too, "sorry, it was Jackie."

Star huffed angrily, "what did she want?"

"Don't be so hard on her Star, she's had a rough day," Marco frowned.

Star folded her arms. "Tell me about it," she muttered.

"What did you say?"

"Oh its nothing," Star smiled and giggled sweetly, "so what's wrong with her?"

"Something happened with her and her parents, she wants to get away from them for a while so I invited her to stay for a while, I hope you don't mind," Marco sounded way happier about that that Star wanted him too, "besides, maybe you two could be pretty good friends."

"I doubt that," Star looked away from where Marco was standing and frowned.

"Please, just try and be nice to her," he came to sit beside her, "do it for me?"

"I'll only do it for you," she turned around to look at him, their faces were inches apart and Star felt her cheeks heating up as they stared at each other.

"Star I-"

There was a knock at the front door and Marco turned his head towards the noise.

"That'll be Jackie, she doesn't live too far away, so she got here pretty fast," Marco stood up and went to let Jackie into the house.