Chapter 1: Dreams

Do you have any idea how would it be like living my life?

Well, Of course, you don't. You don't know me. Nobody does.

Like every other girl, I always dreamt of being that pretty faced popular girl in high school behind whom every guy is crazy. That would be a perfect life. Wouldn't it?

But the question is why couldn't I be one? I did everything, joined the basketball team and even aced my exams then, why on earth I couldn't be one? Why couldn't I get along with those girls? Why?

These questions kept spinning in my mind day and night. Whenever I couldn't find an answer I would always blame my introvert and shy nature.

Yes, u read it right. Well, except for the two friends I had no one really knew me. Never answered any question in class, never did anything eye-catching.

I was always told by everyone that everything was perfect about me except the fact that I didn't talk much.

Why was I like this? What made me become like this?

I always looked down upon this trait of mine as a negative one.

As it is done in math, on multiplying two negatives it becomes a positive. How about applying this in real life? I already had one, what could be the other?

Instead of looking at this trait as a good one I started finding another negative trait to make it all positive. But this is life, not math. Right?

Who knew that the negative I was trying to find was nothing but my heart itself. My hollow heart, which could let anything in, in order to make that negative a positive.

What could that anything be? Anything that's wrapped in an attractive wrapping paper? No, anything that leads me to get noticed. Even if it's wrong.

So every day at school I started trying. Trying to do what? Trying to be someone I was not. I tried very hard. Trust me.

I tried talking to more people. Tried to deceive them by showing a side of me that doesn't exist. Tried to be in groups where I didn't belong. But, they never looked at me the way I wanted them to. How long would I hide behind this ugly mask?

I was always questioned about my behavior that why was I the way I was. They tried telling me that I was moulded in the wrong way. Little did I know I started believing them. Believing the people who came into my life a week back. I was breaking apart.

It was this time when the only two friends I had left me saying that I had changed. Well, I always wanted to change. But was this the right way? Was this change worth it? Worth losing the only friends I had?

Now I was in a totally different world. A world that was unknown to me. There was no turning back. The only problem was that this time I was invisible. I was among a group of people who saw through me. They didn't consider me as their equivalent but always degraded me for who I was. I was being used.

Things had messed up more than usual. Everything was wrong. It had to stop. But how? If I gave up on these friends I would have no one. I would be even more lonely and unnoticed than usual.

They only saw me as a try-hard who couldn't get anything more than satisfactory attention. But that's what I wanted. Right?

I was done. I didn't want it anymore. I wanted to go back to how it was but at the same time, I wanted to live my dream. I was in two minds. I didn't know what was right. I was on a crossroad.

But then, I stumbled upon something. Something unexpected. Something fun. Something different. Something beautiful.

I sincerely hope that you are enjoying the story. Do like the story if you do and do not forget to add it to your library to stay updated :)