Chapter 8: The Party

I had never been to a party before. This was something completely different for me. There were people drinking, smoking, dancing and doing all kinds of things I had never seen before. The only thing I wanted to do was find Jason.

"So you had the courage to come to the party, huh?" said Roni, pulling me back.

"Roni, I don't want us to fight again. Let me go,"I said, pushing her away.

"Where's the dress I bought you? Did you sell it off to get Jason a gift?" she said, shouting, and very soon everybody was laughing at me. I was embarrassed. I knew that coming to the party was a really bad idea. There was nothing I could do.

"Oh wait! Where is the gift? Did you even buy one? Or did you just keep all the money for yourself?" asked Roni, with an evil laughter. By now everybody had started hooting and shouting. Everybody wanted drama and, that's exactly what Roni was giving them. I looked all around me, hoping for someone to come up and speak for me. I didn't have the courage to say anything by myself. I was petrified. The only person whom I knew was Logan but, when I looked at her, she was enjoying the drama too. I realised that I had no one.

"Come on Shyra say something. Answer back you fool," that was all I could hear from the crowd. I wanted to leave. I couldn't bear it anymore. I wanted to run away.

"Stop it guys! Like seriously? This why you came here? To humiliate someone?" shouted Jason from the top of the stairs. There was silence all around the moment he said that. That's when I realised how powerful he was.

"Jug? I thought we were best friends. I didn't know you would bear something like this," he said walking towards Jug.

"And Roni? What do you think of yourself? I didn't expect something like this from you," he said, turning towards Roni.

"The party is over guys. You may leave," he said shouting at the top of his voice.

"What the hell Jason? Did you just call us here to send us back," said Ben, Jason's football mate.

"Leave, I said," said Jason pointing towards the door.

"You want us to leave just for this stupid girl who cannot even speak for herself?" shouted someone in the crowd.

"I wonder if she can even talk," said Roni laughing away.

"Leave, before I kick you all out," said Jason firmly. Everybody started moving out, giving me a disgusted look. I started walking towards the door too.

"Wait, Shyra! Please," said Jason holding my hand. I didn't know what did he want from me. After all that had happened, I just wanted to go home, lay on my bed and cry my heart out. We waited until each and every person in the house left. But surprisingly, Jug and Logan stayed.

"What do you guys want now?" asked Jason in the least interesting way.

"Dude I'm so sorry. I didn't know what to do. Like I didn't know it would get so serious man," said Jug in a sullen tone. Jug was a really nice guy. Jason meant everything to him, just like his family.

"It's okay man. I appreciate it," said Jason giving him a hug.

"Come on Shyra. I'll leave you home," said Logan, pulling me. I didn't quite understand why did Logan even care. Like she was the one having the loudest laugh when I was getting trolled. I just knew that I couldn't trust her.

"I'll leave her home, Logan. You may go," said Jason holding my hand. I didn't know what was going on. Why was Jason being so nice to me? It felt creepy and weird. Everything was messed up. Logan left. And now it was just the two of us and his mom.

"Jason, what the hell was this? Do you think all this is a joke? Do you even have any idea," shouted Mellina. She looked extremely angry.

"Yes mom, I know you had taken a lot of efforts to set it up. But did you even realise what was going on? A girl in our party was being insulted and made fun of in front of your eyes, and you did nothing? " he said in a disgusted manner.

"Son, listen to me. Let's go inside and talk. I want to tell you something," she said, pulling him inside.

"I don't want to talk to you. Someone else needs me more than you do," he said looking at me. Any girl would have fallen in love with him after all that he had done but on the other hand, I couldn't. He was the perfect guy that every girl wanted in her life but why wasn't I falling for him?

"We need to talk," he said, pulling me towards his car. He looked serious. I wonder what did he want to talk about. 

I sincerely hope that you are enjoying the story. Do like the story if you do and do not forget to add it to your library to stay updated :)