Chapter 9: The Drive

We sat in the car and he drove as fast as he could. Something was up with him. I wanted to know.

"Jason, stop. What's wrong with you? And where are we going? I have to go home," I said screeching. He stopped the car so abruptly that I was about to hit my head on the dashboard.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Do you think this is a joke? What's up?" I shouted. I was so angry that I couldn't bear it anymore. I had to get it out.

"I was just angry," he mumbled. I couldn't control myself. I had to tell Jason about whatever my grandma had told me. I had to do this for her.

"What? You are angry? I am the one who is supposed to be raged and angry not you," I said letting out an evil laughter. I wonder what had happened to me then.

"What do you mean?" he said looking at me with such an innocent face that I almost forgot what I was going to say. But I had to let it out.

"Do you even know what your family has done? They ruined us. They took everything away from us. Like everything. My dad who worked so hard to earn all the money got nothing out of it. Your parents left us with nothing. I hate your whole family for this and I don't think you will be ever forgiven," I shouted at the top of my voice. That wasn't me. I had never behaved like this before. I wonder what was wrong with me.

"Listen Shyra, calm down," he said holding my hand. I didn't want to see his face. I had suddenly started hating him.

"Leave me alone," I said, pulling my hand away.

"Just leave me home," I demanded.

"Shyra, listen to me. Just for once," he pleaded.

"Why should I listen to you? You have given me no reason for listening to you. You and your family betrayed my family," I shouted.

"Whatever your grandma told you isn't all true. Listen to me for once," he begged. I didn't want to listen to him. I couldn't bear the fact that he said something against my grandma.

"So you are saying that my grandma is lying? How dare you call my grandma a liar? Who are you? A person I met a few days back. I don't even know you. Get away," I could bear anything against me but nothing against my family. I had seen what they had gone through. Nobody will ever understand that.

"I never meant that Shyra. Just listen to me for once," he beseeched.

"I knew that my family has hurt you but that's not all. Your dad also was involved," he added.

"Don't you ever talk about my dad like that. You don't know what he has been through. Do you even know the meaning of poor? How would you know? You are just a rich spoilt kid," I was raged. I didn't know what was I saying. It was worse than being drunk.

"Stop Shyra," he demanded.

"And what did you say? You knew about all this? Oh, so that's why you were so kind to me all this time. So that you could take away everything else that we luckily had and now you expect me to believe in your nonsense?" I shouted with tears in my eyes.

"Nonsense? Are you serious? You are the one talking nonsense since the past hour. And what happened to you when Roni was insulting you? That wasn't nonsense? You couldn't even open your mouth then and now just because I am listening that doesn't mean that you say any shit about my family when you yourself have flaws too," he shouted angrily. I started crying even more. I couldn't believe my ears. I didn't expect him to say that. I thought he was different. But now I knew what he thought about me. Everybody was the same, even Jason.

"Thank you for making me realise that you are like others too," I said while opening the door of the car. I got out of the car and started running. I didn't know where I was headed to. I just needed some fresh air. I could hear Jason shouting at a distance but I didn't turn back. I kept running. 

I sincerely hope that you are enjoying the story. Do like the story if you do and do not forget to add it to your library to stay updated :)