Chapter 2: Something Unexpected

Everybody thought I was crazy. But that everybody doesn't specifically mean everybody. There was someone or, I must say the only one who looked at me in a different way. It was Jason, the most charming guy in high school. I wonder how I didn't notice him before.

But wait, this is no love story. Well, you will see.

So Jason had been noticing me for quite a long time. Even before I wanted people to notice me. Now that I had been embarrassed by almost everyone, I was trying to avoid the people around me.

"Hey Shyra! How was bio?" asked Jason. This was something totally different for me. I have never had a guy come and talk to me in such a friendly manner.

"Like it is always," I said.

I noticed each and every girl stare into me while I was having this conversation with Jason in the hallway. It was weird. I have never had so many eyes on me before. Roni, Thyra, Logan all these so-called popular girls, who waited desperately to have a conversation with Jason were bleeding with jealousy.

After a long pause, he replied, "Oh great! By the way, I was just wondering that... "

I knew what was he going to ask. Something that everyone does.

"That why I don't talk much. Right?" I said in a disgusted manner.

"What? No, no no. Why would you think so?"

"Well, that's what everyone asks me. And I don't think you are any different," I said. I don't know why, but I still regret saying that.

"But I think you are completely different," he said smiling away. I was stumped. What was that supposed to mean? Was he interested in me? Or was he taunting me? I kept thinking about this for days.

I didn't see him in school for over a week after that conversation. When I inquired, I learnt that he was out for a football tournament. I was wondering why was I even worried about him? Why did I even care?

He came back a week later. I started avoiding him. I assumed him to be like those other people who kept degrading me.

I loved this one coffee shop in the town called 'The Claire's'. I went there every week to get my taste buds chocolatey with their amazing hot chocolate.

So that day I was sitting in one corner of the coffee shop, quietly writing my diary when suddenly, I felt a hand on my back. I turned around and guess who it was, Jason. I was surprised. I didn't know how to react. He sat down with me and started talking.

"So you are a writer?" he asked.

"Nah, I just write stuff down to get away from this messed up world," I said, in a least interested manner.

"So you come here often?" he asked, trying really hard to keep the conversation going.

"Yeah. I come here every week for the hot chocolate. What about you?" I asked.

"This is my first time here. But I think I'll come here often," he said smiling.

His smile was something to die for. I can never forget the way he looked at me. We talked for over an hour. I don't remember what. I was just looking at him. Looking at the way he looked at me. This was the first time I was actually noticing him. His dark brown hair, broad shoulders, bright blue eyes and his lips that never stopped talking. It was perfect.

The next day he came up to me, but this time he was not alone. He had his best friend, Jug with him, another heartthrob in school. He introduced us to each other and started a conversation. Well, I couldn't help but notice every eye on me in the hallway, again. I was liking it. Liking all the attention and loving all the jealousy. I didn't want this to stop.

The very next day I bumped into him after school. He saw me standing along the street waiting for the next bus. He stopped his car beside me.

"Hey! Want a ride home?" he asked.

I didn't know what to say. Should I go or not? I was blank.

"Hey, you listening?" he said to grab my attention.

"Okay. Cool," I said. He signalled me to come and have a seat. I was amazed.

I sincerely hope that you are enjoying the story. Do like the story if you do and do not forget to add it to your library to stay updated :)