Chapter 5: Trouble

I started avoiding Roni for the next few days. I didn't want her to remember the debt I owe her. I knew I couldn't pay her back. We did speak during classes but she never asked me about the money. I was nearly convinced that she had forgotten about the money when, something unexpected happened.

"Hey, Shyra! " Roni called.

"Hey! What's up?" I said.

"Have you got my money? I actually forgot my wallet at home today, so thought of asking you cuz, anyways you owe me. Right?" she said.

I didn't know what to say. I just had 20 dollars that day which I desperately needed to go home. I knew I was in trouble. What could I possibly do? Lie again? Or say the truth? If I would tell her that I could never pay her back I don't think she would ever want to talk to me again.

"Actually I used up all my money in a party yesterday. I'll get it in a weeks time. As of now, I have something like 20 dollars. Keep it," I said, hoping she would believe me.

"Woah. I didn't know you go to parties too. Where was the party though?" she asked.

And there was another lie that had landed me into trouble. Again! What would I say now? Why was I pretending to be someone I wasn't?

"Umm... The party... Umm.."

"Hey girls!" called Jason. He saved me.

"Hey, Jason! How was the match?" asked Roni while settling her hair.

"It was great. Coming to the party Shyra?" asked Jason. He kept looking at me waiting for my answer as if it was just me and him, no one else.

"Umm... Yeah, Of course," I said.

"I am coming too," said Roni trying to grab his attention.

"I'll be waiting," he said, without moving his eyes off me. There was something about him that was attracting me. But what was it? His charm? His popularity? Or because of the attention that I had been getting? I didn't know what it was. I just knew that I was liking it.

"He's so handsome," said Roni, as he walked by. He indeed was the prince charming every girl had dreamed of.

"Anyways I'll go now. See ya!" she said, snatching the 20 dollars from my hand.

And I realised I was penny less. I didn't have any money to go home. I had no option but to walk down.

Now the only thing I was worried about was returning Roni her money. I was very sure that she was going to be reminded of it some day or the other. I looked up for my savings but there wasn't much I could offer. Whom could I possibly ask for help? I had so many friends now but, I still felt lonely.

We had an exam the next day. I was sitting in one corner trying to revise everything I knew.

"So prepared?" asked Jason sitting next to me. So, I had never sat with a guy before. I was perplexed.

"Kind of," I said shifting to the other side.

He tried peeping in my book and brushed his hand over mine. It was the best feeling ever. I didn't want him to go. I wanted to sit there all day long.

"Hi, guys! Studying?" asked Logan, trying to get Jason off me.

"Studying? What's that?" he said getting up and moving away.

Logan straight away came up and sat next to me.

"I saw that," said Logan.

"Saw what?" I asked.

"The way he touched you. How did it feel?" asked Logan keenly.

"Good," I said blushing away.

"So when did you guys started dating? Why didn't you tell me this?" asked Logan.

"What? Dating? No, we aren't," I said in a confused manner.

"OMG! Friends with benefits?" blurted Logan.

"What? No, no. It's nothing. Just friends," I said walking away.

This whole time I couldn't focus on my exam but, on the way he touched me and the feeling that ran through me. It was something completely different for me. I wanted more. I wanted to talk to him and spend time with him. He was the only one who made me feel special. I couldn't wait for the party anymore. 

I sincerely hope that you are enjoying the story. Do like the story if you do and do not forget to add it to your library to stay updated :)