chapter three

jughead

It's been three months. Betty and I are back to being best friends, and Archie and her are still together. I'm still jealous, but I've learned to control my anger.

I walk into English and sit next to Betty. She smiles at me and the bell rings. The teacher starts to tell us about a new project, but I could care less. Lately all I've been caring about is Betty. Her hair is perfect, if I could run my hands through it, I know if would be silky smooth. Her lips were the perfect shape and I could tell by just looking at them they were soft and tender. I didn't like to look at her body, I wasn't creepy like that, her face alone made me swoon.

"So I'll see you at Pop's later?" She asks.

"What?" I ask, confused why we're meeting.

"The project, Jug." She laughs.

"Oh yeah. What was that again?" I smile.

"Just be there at 7." She says as the bell rings.

I walk to my next class, and see her walk up to Archie. She links her arm with his and kisses him. I see them sneak into an empty classroom, and walk the other direction. It's none of my business. The curiosity overtakes me and I walk back towards the classroom and peer through the glass. They're making out. Gross.

...

I walk into Pop's to see Betty sitting in a booth, her hair down, a tear stained face looking longingly out the window. I immediately rush up to her.

"Betty what's wrong?" I ask frantically.

"It's nothing, Jug you wouldn't care."

"Betty, talk to me." I say grabbing her hands.

"It's Arch. We.. we broke up." She says. My heart starts racing with excitement, but I pretend to be upset.

"I'm so sorry, Betty. You don't have to tell me, but what happened?" I ask.

"We were in his bedroom after school, making out and it started to go further-" She says, but I cut her off.

"He didn't?-" I ask, enraged.

"No, no. Nothing like that," she continues, "He started to unbutton my pants and I moved his hand away from there, then his hand went to unclasp my bra." She explains. "I pulled away and told him to stop that I didn't want to go there yet and he started to get defensive, he was complaining that it's been three months and we still haven't done anything. I don't know why Jug, but I just can't go there with him." She says, tears brimming on her waterline.

"Betty, you should never ever feel pressured to do anything you don't want to." I tell her, trying to remain calm.

"I know, I'm okay. He got angry and said he couldn't wait forever and I told him I just wasn't ready. I asked him if this was it and he just looked down. He told me he thought I should leave, and that if I couldn't go there with him, we should just break things off now, so I took my bag and left." She told me, a few tears now escaping her eyes.

"Betty, if he couldn't wait for you, he doesn't deserve you." I tell her.

"I just feel so worthless, I can't give him what he wants." She says.

"Betty, no, don't say that. If he doesn't see how beautiful and amazing you are, and all he wants to do is to have sex, he's insane." I reply.

"Thank you, Jug. I'm sorry for ranting about this to you." She apologizes.

"Don't worry about it, now tell me about that English project."

...

betty

As I'm walking home, I can't stop thinking about what Jughead said. He told me I was beautiful and amazing. I blushed at the thought of it. It's crazy how just three months ago, we hated each other, and now we couldn't be better friends.

I walk up to my room and take off my clothes. I'm wearing a tank top and underwear and I stand up to walk to my bathroom. As I'm walking I notice Archie staring at me. I close my window and curtains and flop down on my bed, starting to cry. I hear a knock on my door.

"Betty honey, what's wrong?" My mother asks.

"Archie.. and I... broke up." I tell her in between sobs.

"Oh I'm sorry sweetie," she exclaims sitting down on my bed, "what happened?" She asks.

"He wants to have sex, but I'm not ready for that, and he doesn't want to wait any longer." I tell her as she rubs my back.

"You should never feel pressured by anyone, baby. Don't let this get you down, I know how much you cared for that Andrews boy, but he doesn't deserve you." She tells me.

"Thanks mom." I say, sitting up and giving her a hug.

"Of course. Do you need anything?" She asks.

"I'll be okay, but thank you."

With that, she leaves my room, giving my a kiss on the forehead before she goes. I don't understand why I can't go there with him. I've been waiting for this all my life, but it just doesn't feel right. Maybe I'm better off without him. I just wish I realized this sooner so our friendship wasn't ruined.

I hear a tapping on my window. I put on pajama pants and open my curtains. It's Jughead. I open the window and let him in. He hugs me, and I hug back, tears now coming back to my eyes.

archie   

I see Betty start to walk to her bathroom, in only a tank top and underwear. My god, she's beautiful. She sees me and closes her window and curtains. I can't understand why she doesn't want to sleep with me. We're the it couple of our school. Everyone is jealous of her. It doesn't make any sense.

I'm suddenly awakened from my thought when I see a ladder being hoisted up to Betty's window. None other than Jughead Jones is holding it. He climbs up the ladder and taps on her window. She opens it and lets him in. He immediately engulfs her into a hug. Rage fills my veins.

the girl stands in the boys arms tears streaming down her face as the boy next door watches, angrier than he's ever been

Ayooo welcome to my first authors note! I'm Soph. I got the idea of writing this book randomly one day, and I've had experience writing on wattpad before so I decided why not even though I hate my old book and gag every time I see it because I wrote it in like 5th grade anyways I hope you enjoy the story make sure to vote and comment (I sound like a YouTuber lmao)