chapter eight

betty

I wake up in Jughead's arms with a pounding headache. All I remember is Jughead knocking Archie out and us making out. I blush at the thought. I try to get out of the bed without waking Jughead and head to the kitchen. I look through the fridge and find some eggs, so I decide to make Jughead breakfast. I expect he will have the same headache if not a worse one than me. I make scrambled eggs and toast and put it on a plate, bringing it to the bedroom and kissing Jughead on the cheek to wake him up.

"I made you breakfast." I put the plate on his lap.

He sits up and winces at his headache.

"I hate hangovers." He sighs.

"At least we can get through it together." I smile.

"What would I do without you?" He takes a bit of toast.

...

I walk into my house, my mother is in the kitchen and I can smell an apple pie baking. I realize I'm still wearing Jughead's shirt and a pair of jeans I brought to Veronica's since I planned on sleeping there.

"How was your sleepover at Veronica's?" My mom asks, taking the pie out of the oven. 

"Uh, I actually spent the night at Jughead's.." I admit.

"Elizabeth!"

"Nothing happened Mom, I swear!" I defend myself.

"Isn't that his shirt?"

"Well.. yeah, but it was just because I didn't have any pajamas." I reply.

"Fine then, but don't sleepover again without checking in with me." She states, angrily, and I head upstairs.

I strip off my clothes and hop into the shower. The hot water runs down my body and a sense of relief enters my mind. I wash and condition my hair, having to do it multiple times due to the amount of hairspray still in my hair. By the time I'm done blow drying my hair its 1. I still have an awful headache so I take a nap.

...

I wake up and check the time. 4:00. My phone screen lights up with 3 missed calls from Jughead and 2 from Veronica. A knot forms in my stomach. What happened? I call them back and neither answer. I get dressed and grab my coat, then head to Jughead's trailer. I get there in about 20 minutes ad knock on the door. Jughead opens it quickly and quickly pulls me into a hug.

"You're okay." He whispers.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I'm confused.

He pulls me inside and we sit on the couch.

"There was a breaking news report that a teenage girl who went to Riverdale High and her mother were involved in a serious car accident and I called you to see if you were okay and Veronica did too, then you didn't answer either of us. I was so worried." He tells me.

"I'm so sorry, Juggie, I was taking a nap, I had an awful headache." I hug him.

"No don't be sorry it's not your fault." I assure him.

"I wonder who it was?" He asks.

"Maybe they'll be an update on the news." I grab the remote and switch on the news channel.

BREAKING NEWS: Serious injury collision involving a semi truck outbound I-75, 0 casualties. A young girl and her mother were driving to Shankshaw Prison when a semi lost control and swerved into the left lane, forcing them off the road. The semi truck driver claimed his breaks failed and his steering wheel stopped working. The young girl was found unconscious and  the mother suffered a concussion, but will recover. The semi driver suffered minor injuries, and is expected to fully recover as well.

"Shankshaw prison?" I start, "Isn't that where Cheryl's dad is being held?"

"Didn't she say something last night at the party about visiting him today?" Jughead replies.

I quickly pick up my phone and dial Cheryl's number. I probably won't listen to it, but leave a message anyways. Cheryl's voicemail plays immediately. I start to panic. Cheryl and I weren't always good friends, but we've gotten closer recently, and she is family. I dial Veronica's number again, and she answers immediately.

"B! You're okay oh my god I was so worried." She cries.

"I'm so sorry, I was napping." I tell her.

"It's fine I'm just glad to hear you're okay."

"V, I think the girl was Cheryl."

this is a short chapte oh well but TYSM FOR 150 READS AHHH. i've been lazy lately soo that's why i haven't uploaded but oh well i'll try to do it more
-soph