chapter six

betty

I wake up from the sunlight coming through my windows. I hate Sundays. Tomorrow I'd have to go back to school. Normally, that's enough to make me hate Sundays, but this one in particular is especially bad, seeing as the news of what happened at the party, has to be around the entire school by now. I'm not extremely popular, but people know who I am, and the fact Archie and I broke up because I wouldn't have sex with him is definitely the new gossip by now.

I check my phone to see 3 texts:

jug :) : morning, want to hang today?

v <333 : how you holdin up ? <3

archie : we need to talk.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw Archie's text. What could he possibly want to talk about? He broke up with me not the other way around. I text them all back.

betty <3 : idk about today, jug, but definitely after school tomorrow, ok?

b <333 : good :)

betty : why

I walk downstairs to get breakfast, leaving my phone upstairs. I'm really not in the mood to talk to anyone today, I just want to watch Netflix all day. I eat some cereal and an apple then head back to my room.

archie : can i come over

betty : no

archie : fine, Pop's

betty : why

archie : just be there at 1

betty : why should i

archie : i stg cooper, just come, i need to see u

betty : fine, but im only staying for 15 min

archie : dont be so difficult

betty : dont break up with me bc i wont fuck you

archie : touche

I check the time. 11:56. Basically an hour until Pop's. I take a shower and put my hair up. I don't have the energy to do my makeup, and it's not like Archie has never seen me without it on, so I skip that and put on a sweatshirt and leggings. 12:33. I decide to start walking to Pop's, so I can at least enjoy a milkshake before I have to look at Archie.

When I get there, Archie is already there. Dammit. I walk up to him and sit down.

"So why am I here?" I ask, rudely.

"Listen Betty, I'm really sorry," he starts, "these past few days have been hell without you. Can I have a second chance?"

"Are you kidding me?" I scoff. "I've been pining after you for years and when we finally date, you break up with me because I won't have sex with you. No you can't have a second chance."

"Betty please. I don't know who I am without you." He begs.

"N. O. You had your chance, and you blew it."

He grabs my hand. Tight. "Betty I need you." He's scaring me now.

"No, Archie, I don't want you back. Now let go of me!" I yelp, trying to free my hand from his grip.

"Is it because of Jughead?"

"No its because all you want is sex." I'm still trying to free my hands from his grip.

"Why won't you just forgive me." He slams his fists on the table, causing the forks and knives to shake.

I don't know when he's going to grab me again, so I take my chance to leave and bolt. He was really scaring me. That wasn't Archie. His eyes were terrifying. I don't know where to go. Nobody is home, and I need to see someone. I start to run towards Jughead's trailer. I don't know where else to go. Veronica is at church and Jughead only lives about ten minutes from Pop's. I knock on Jughead's trailer. A couple seconds later, the door opens. As soon as I see him, the tears start coming. He looks confused but pulls me into a hug.