𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙾𝙽𝙴

"What?! No, you can't fire me!" Bricole cried as she looked at her now old boss, in disbelief. She did everything to come in on time for work. This job was the only thing that was keeping her bills from becoming overdue.

"Bricole, I have to let you go," he sighed, "money is getting tight around here and we don't have as much customers as we used to."

Bricole felt as if he was lying, that he just didn't want her working at the little coffee shop of his that was in the city of Gerandi.

"Why-what-why does that mean you have to let me go? There's plenty of workers here that's still getting their checks in the mail!" she pointed her hands through the doors at the other workers, who were doing their daily basic duties.

"I know, Bricole. I still have to let you go. You're dead weight to us at the moment. There's only so much cash I could give out," he said, resting his hands on his hips, "plus you always come in late. There's things here you have to do at this place and you can't even come in at the rightful time."

Bricole scowled at him, "Fuck you, Mr. Hempseed! I do my very best to get here everyday on the right time! You don't know the struggle of having to wait for the public bus in the strong, rainy winds while it's raining! I told you my struggles at the beginning of you hiring me to this job and that I needed it badly! I don't know why you'd choose me out of everyone to fire!"

Mr. Hempseed stood, shocked as he watched Bricole gather her things before walking out the backroom door and out the entrance of the coffee shop. Before walking any further, she turned around, spitting on the building she once worked in for over a year. Everyone gasped as she done so, watching her walk down the street as disappear in the midst of the busy streets.

Bricole was vexed. She couldn't believe Mr. Hempseed. She was the best worker at The Litte Coffee Shop even if she didn't make it on time. She guesses things never last forever. Like her job.

She sat at a metal bench where she would wait for the public bus to arrive. She bounces her right leg impatiently as she fixes the forest green uniform flared skirt that matched her khaki blouse, which had a the shop's logo stitched on the small pocket.

Finally, the bus drove and stopped by the waiting bench. The doors jerked and springed open, revealing Tanner, the routes driver.

"Hey, Bricole!" he greeted as she places her coins in the machine by the entrance, "What're you doing from work so early?" he asked as he began driving again.

Tanner was a bus driver of the route for two years since the other driver, Mr. Derrick, who was a elderly man, retired. Tanner was a friendly, chocolate toned man who had a crush on Bricole for the longest. She never got the hint, though.

"I was feeling sick, so I decided to go home," she lied. She didn't want anyone to pity her, the only person she would let them know was her mother. That's only because her mother would force her to spill the beans.

"Awe, that's bad," he sympathized as he looked at her through the rear view mirror, "what was wrong?"

Bricole mentally rolls her eyes, this man was asking many questions. Though, he only asked two, she was irritated.

"Dizziness," she lies, once again.

"I hope you feel better soon..." he trails, "because I would like to take you out."

"Pardon me?" she didn't hear him the first time. This was a first. She stared at the back of his curly, fresh, low-cut styled head.

He chuckles at her, shaking his head.

The elders on the bus cooed as they overheard the conversation between Tanner and Bricole.

"Say yes, girl," a light skinned elderly woman patted her shoulder, "it's clear he's liked you for sometime!"

Bricole was astounished. She's never knew such a thing. Of course Tanner was a gorgeous man, but she never thought he would go for a woman like her.

"Is that a yes or a no?" he asked, chuckling, showing his pearly whites as he focused on the road.

"...Sure," she agrees as everyone whistles.

She had given Tanner her number as she gotten off the bus at her stop.

"I'll call you!" he salutes, smiling.

"Alright," she smiled back. As the bus drove away, she began walking to her apartment complex. She walked up the many staircases, tiredly, to meet her apartment door. She slides the black leathered, embroidery rose mini backpack, searching through many miscellaneous items to find her keys.

"No, no, no!" she was flustered, since she couldn't find her keys anywhere in the backpack. She'd thrown her head back, the neat bun on her head loosening. She did a second search in the backpack, finding the two silver keys for the top and bottom lock in the front pouch. She did a sigh of relief as placed the key in the lock of the door knob.

Closing the door, the burst of fresh air conditioning caressed her smooth, brown skin as she kicked off her black three inch heels to the side. She snatches the uniform from her body, angrily, shoving it in the white tall kitchen trash can that stood to the side of the island.

She walked into the bathroom, taking her black luscious hair from its hold by the black elastic band.

After she showered, she lotions herself down, deodorized, and slips on her purple panties and a black oversized shirt. She dimmed the lights in her room before lying in her white comforter colored bed.

"How am I going to keep up my finances, now? Why did he have to let me go? I just don't understand," she began to feel emotional as she laid in bed. She pulls her sheets onto her body, falling into a deep sleep.

VOTE,
COMMENT,
& SHARE.