𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴

Bricole kicks off her shoes once into the apartment, safely. She sighs in relief as she pressed play on the radio that rested on the marble counter in the kitchen. It was now dark outside and she didn't like walking outside when it was dark. She felt unsafe and uncomfortable, worser yet, nervous.

Crybaby by Abra streamed through the radio as she danced her way into her bathroom.

"I got a ocean of emotion inside. / I am not posideon, but I ride him in the riptide. / So no turning back now~" she sings as she strips from her clothing and into the tub, careful to not slip.

After she washed and scrubbed her body, she steps, not hops, but carefully steps onto the white rug that rested beside the tub. Grabbing a fresh red towel from its holder, she wraps it around her deep, chocolate milk colored, pear shaped body.

Before adding clothing to her body, she lotions down with a mango pineapple scented lotion and sprays the matching fragrance, deodorizing after.

She slides on her undergarments without a bra, placing a yellow silk tank top and matching silk shorts. She walks into the kitchen, looking into the fridge, seeing she needed to go grocery shopping.

Which made her think; did she have any food stamps left? She shook her head as she found a plastic container full of miscellaneous fruit within it. She grabs a fork, walking back to her room with the fruit bowl.

She turns on the TV, eating a pineapple as she done so before climbing into her bed which felt like a cloud. She had many memory foam comforters under the sheets of the queen sized bed.

After eating and watching television for awhile, she finally slept at 9:26 P.M. EST.

She had to get ready for another day at work tomorrow.

She slides on her Vans while she wore the usual t-shirt and jeans. Grabbing her bag, she walks out the apartment, closing and locking the door.

It had been two days since Tanner called. Maybe he wasn't into Bricole as he thought he was. That's how almost impression with a man went for her. They'd talk to her and if she wasn't their cup of tea, they'll leave her hanging. She wasn't bitter about it; it was what it was.

After stepping from the bus onto the unusual black eroded sidewalk, she walked into the building to check in. Afterwards, she walks to the locker room, seeing Carol waiting for her.

"Hey, miss Carol," Bricole greeted, "how are you doing this morning?" she'd put in the combination, opening the grey locker, placing her bag and jacket on the hooks, closing the locker afterwards.

Carol places her hard back book she was reading into her cart, "Same old, same old. Could be better. Say-what take your little tail so long to get here?" she gave a hearty chuckle.

"I ride the public bus, I don't own a car yet. I live in town, so that might just be the case," Bricole prepared herself, placing on a pair of sterile rubber gloves, giggling.

"Okay, I was just wondering, so you wouldn't have me sitting here all day," Carol stood from the bench.

"Sorry, miss Carol," Bricole said before standing by the exit of the locker room.

"It's all good, Child. Come on, we better get to working before one of the other janitors try to catch us. Lord knows they'll snitch in a heartbeat for extra cash!" Carol strolls the cart out of the room as Bricole follows.

Bricole looks at her surroundings. Everything looked old from the metal was rusting on the walls to the floors that held pot wholes in them. The smell of the air was rusticated and spicy.

She followed her partner into a cell where a species was held. She gasps as she stumbled backwards, unlike Carol who wasn't afraid of the creatures anymore. She'd worked there for years; she's gotten used to it by now.

Bricole timidly stares at the creature whome stood in a giant life sized glass container, filled with water. The creature wore scales on its skin, along with gills on every part of its body; it was very colorful, but dull all at the same time. Its white beady eyes stared her down as she slowly passed by with Carol. Her eyes locked with theirs as she done so.

The creature let out a cry once a machine outside of its tub began to start. The machine carried a clear substance through blue translucent tubes into the glass container, tainting its water. She watched in horror and sympathy, watching them suffer.

After the machine stopped pumping the fluid into the water, the creature slowly crept to the floor of the tank as if it had fainted.

"Bricole, child!" Carol called.

"Y-yes?" she answered, still staring at the tank.

"Stop staring at the thing and come help me, please," Carol says.

Bricole nodded, walking towards the cart, grabbing the broom sweeping before she had mopped.

What they're doing to those poor creatures are brutal. They deserved to be let out in the wild where they once were. They didn't want this life, it was forced on them.

"If you think this is terrible; wait until you see the next cell," Carol murmured. Bricole frowned, what could she possibly had meant by that? She didn't know, but she was bound to find out.

THE ONE YOU READERS ARE LOOKING FOR WILL BE CASTING SHORTLY.

VOTE,
COMMENT,
& SHARE.