𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙴𝙻𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽

SHE MOANS AS she lies in bed, feeling the icey drift of the air conditioning through the vents below her. Stretching, she climbs out of bed, scratching her intersection as she pulls on her white tee.

"I'm so tired," Bricole whines before walking into her bathroom, finding a wall, resting her forehead on the glazed chalk. She was exhausted, Jalaynie had talked her until sun rise.

Doing her usual stripping, showering, and dressing up, she grabs her keys, leaving her apartment. She waits patiently for the bus while looking around at the scenery before her. Children walking with their parents, having a nice day of their own; merchants and vendors selling their merchandise or produce in the nice temperatures of the weather.

Finally, the city bus arrives, opening its doors, revealing Tanner, the one who she given her number to many moons ago. He still had the same pearly white smile she remembered.

"Hey, Bricole," he greets before closing the doors. Bricole said nothing in response. She only given him a small smile.

Tanner sighs, "I know you're feeling some way about me forgetting to call you. I've been seeing about my mother in the hospital and took the time off to care about my uncle who was bed ridden."

Blaze began to feel apologetic, "I'm sorry, Tanner. I didn't know, please accept my apologies."

"It's alright. I understand. Are you still available?" he asks, peering at her through the rear view mirror.

"Yes. Yes, I guess am," she absentmindedly admires the embroidery on her bag.

"Is it minded if I call you at nine tonight tops?"

"No, I don't mind."

"Alright," he smiles at her, his eyes squinting, causing crows feet to be seen. She shyly smiles back, feeling euphoric.

Grabbing the wooden stick handle of the mop, she splashes the yarn onto the dirty, grimy floor of the boys cell. Looking over to the cube, she seen him wrapped in his white and black sheets, eyes closed and all. He was quite sleepy today.

Finishing her cleaning, she packs her supplies before taking off her apron and gloves before walking to the cube.

"You're quite sleepy today, aren't you?" she asked, though he wasn't able to hear her.

He opens his eyes and props himself up, weakly; His eyes had bags under them. He looked sluggish and weak while trying to rub his shoulder. Looking up, he seen nothing on the television playing. He was lonely.

Bricole frowns as she looks around for a remote. Finding one with a logo that matches the television's, she picks it from the lab table and places it inside her back pocket.

She walks around, finding her way to the door that allows her to enter his cube. Unlatching the lock, she opens the door. He looks up at her, but drops his head down.

He was deprived of something.

Bricole remembered the paper one of the scientists left behind. They were deep depriving him of something he needed in order to stay energized. She couldn't remember exactly what it was, but she was ought to find out.

Slowly inching towards him, she frowns.

"What's wrong?" she asks, not sure if she should go near his private space. She wanted to hear his voice and his obsurd language.

"...tiyífou," he says, quietly as he pushes the sheets off. Still not understanding, she grabs the remote from the pocket she kept it in and pressing the power button.

The familiar slideshow of images appears as she flinches at them. How could someone watch this? This was horrible.

He lies his back on the wall as he sits up in a criss cross position.

She didn't know what to say; how could they communicate if they spoke two different languages? There was a language barrier.

He brings his attention to her, reaching his left hand out. She was confused, did he want her to take it?

Bricole knew what she was doing was against the rules. They've touched one time, why not a second?

tbc, part i.
"let me say something
to you: i get irritated when
i have people to tell me
'update.' like that shit
ain't flossy. i'm a chill
writer so i don't say
nothing about it, but
i understand some
people when they read
a book and get so into it
they want the author
to update regularly and
sometimes it's hard because
they'd get pressured and
have writers block.
i hope you understand
where i'm coming from.
i'm also saying this in
kindness." 💛

-blvckthrills.