𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴

Climbing her short 5'2 frame from the bed, she places her feet on the ledge on the stairs of the bed, walking to her bathroom to get ready for a busy day. Today was the day she'd go Heltics Lincoln Laboratory for an interview.

She couldn't lie and say she wasn't nervous about meeting the manager or boss of the place. She just hoped for the best that it'll go well.

Carefully stepping from the shower, she wraps a towel around her body. Walking into her closet, she'd found a black t-shirt, blue skinny jeans, and black/white High top Vans. She places her hair in two space buns and applied clear lipgloss to her luscious pink lips.

Grabbing her embroidered backpack, sliding the straps onto her shoulders, she finds the newspaper with the offer. Searching for the telephone number, she seen that there isn't one. You had to make a walk-in. She sighed, looking at the address. 739 Casders St, it read.

The address was a little far, but Bricole couldn't back down because of the specific reasoning.

She made her way out if her apartment, locking its door. Hearing the group of male high school dropouts around the left corner of the hall, she groaned. She didn't want to be harassed today. They would always stand there all morning and afternoon, if they weren't downtown getting drunk off booze.

Holding onto the straps of her backpack, she walks around the corner as gracefully as she could. The boys noticed Bricole's appearance, beginning to cat call.

"Hey, there lil mommy," a puerto rican boy with a curly fade called, "when is you going to let me get a name?"

She ignored him, walking past them. She had high standards and he wasn't one of them. She preferred men who at least graduated high school and gotten their GED. Lastly, the puerto rican male was a boy, not a man. It would take a person to months to come for Bricole, she wasn't an easy girl to crack.

She felt them staring at her as she walked down the stairs out of their sight.

As she walked towards the bus stop, she rummage through her backpack for the coins she needed to have in order to ride the bus. She hadn't sat for too long, running the energy down on her phone when the bus came.

The doors springs open, revealing a different man other than Tanner. She places her coins into the machine, taking a seat in her usual spot in the second row to the right.

It seemed like forever to Bricole when her stop finally came. She walks off the bus onto the sidewalk, along with many other people who wore basic outfits like her, but hair nets and white shirts.

Walking to the building behind the crowd of people, she gazes at the old rusty letters that bannered the building. Heltics Lincoln Laboratory. The aura seemed sad and off about the place, she hadn't stepped one foot in yet.

Though, it was too late to go back, now. She was here and she was determined to have a job with great pay.

She didn't know which door to enter. There were so many without labels. Before she walked to the obvious one in the middle, she was stopped by a middle aged white woman in a white lab coat.

"You can't enter there, darling. Are you lost?" the woman kindly spoke, releasing Bricoles' shoulder.

"W-why yes, ma'am. I was wondering if you're hiring for new janitors?" Bricole awkwardly, nervously spoken.

"Well, yes, yes we are! I'll guide you to the management office and they'll start you from there," the woman assured, beckoning Bricole to follow, "my name is Mrs. Zadkui, but you can call me Mrs. Key since my name is hard to pronounce."

"Ok," Bricole nods, continuing to follow Mrs. Key into the grande building. Everything around her was grey and monotonous. It was lifeless there, but what'd you expect from a lab? It wasn't meant to be fun.

Mrs. Key opened a black door, revealing a interracial man in a suit and tie, "Mr. Osburn, we have a new person who wants to be interviewed, hoping to be hired."

"Alright, send them right in," his deep voice echoed as he sat straight in the black, leathered rolling chair fixing himself.

Mrs. Key nods, welcoming Bricole in the office-which smells of carpet cleaner and pineapple air freshener.

"Come, take a seat."

Bricole obliges, take a seat in one of the paired black lounge chairs that sat in front of the wooden, glazed desk.

He stares at her for a moment, his hands resting, cluthed together against his chin. Bricole smiles nervously as he done so, gazing at him. His skin was a light french vanilla tone, his eyes were a electric gray, and he wore a low cut hair cut. He seemed as if he was thirty-five years old.

"You look mighty young to be at a place like this," he licks his lips, "what made you want to work here? Honest answers, only."

Bricole gulps. She felt intimidated under his stare. His aura was highly sophisticated and classy. The way he spoke was demanding and deep, like his voice.

"I was looking through newspaper articles to find a new job and this one intrigued me the most," she says, without a stutter in her words. She was trying to calm herself as her skin was beginning to be scorching hot under his gaze on how intimidating he was.

"Hm," he nods, "how old are you?"

"Twenty-one, sir," she sighs.

His eyes were cut, "Don't ever sigh in my presence, you understand?"

Bricole breath hitches as she slightly flinched, "Yes, sir."

Bricole tucked her lips in. What situation was she getting herself into? She just wanted this to be over with.

"What's your name?" he asked as he pulls out two sheets of printed inked paper, with a blue ink pen. He wrote something down onto the paper before looking at her, once again.

"Bricole Gembeki," she answers as he writes again.

The interview was now over. He had given her the job right then and there once it was over, but Bricole believed this was too good to be true. There wasn't any 'Go home and we'll call if you're hired,' or anything, it was a quick, 'You're hired.'

Bricole made her way home, still thinking about her newfound job she was to attend to tomorrow morning.

VOTE,
COMMENT,
& SHARE.