𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙸𝚇

AFTER grabbing the mop and sitting it in its bowl that contained muddy, dirty, chemical water; Bricole followed Carol out of the cell. She continues to stare at the tank as Carol locked the cell gates before the creature couldn't be seen anymore.

Following Carol to another cell on another hall, she still observed the surroundings before her. Scientists walked by with their clipboards and in their lab coats as they communicated, water leaking from the ceiling dripped onto the floors, and a few bookshelves sat against the wall before entering a certain room.

Everything around her seemed gloomy and bizarre. She thought scientists would be enjoying their time whilst practicing chemistry, seeing what two elements create a different element; instead, they wore serious expressions plastered on their faces all day until it was closing time.

Still seeing the bookshelves beside random doors, Bricole began to ask, "Miss Carol, why're there bookshelves placed beside certain doors?"

"I don't know, really. I always thought they were information on the species they held inside the cell. Other than that, I don't know," she answers, truthfully. She stopped the cart in front of a metal door labeled, '17N9I78S.'

She unlocked the door with the skeleton key she held on the loop of her jeans. Carol opens the door, peeking in before pushing the cart in. Bricole walks in after Carol was in the cell. The cell was different from the one with the mystical creature. Instead of cement boarding the walls and ground, it was almost as if it was a normal room.

Black colored the walls and carpet covered the floor, away from the scientists testing tubes and such. One thing caught Bricole's eye. There was a gigantic white, cubed room far off in the corner.

She walked closer, looking through the transparent glass. Now standing by by the glass, she seen a being with their back turned, staring at the white wall, sitting on a all white bed as they done so. Dreads covered their head as their body slouched in a indian sitting position.

She frowned. Why was it all white in the room, while it was all black outside the cube? Even the clothes they wore were white. Other than the head of hair they had, she could see their arms. They were a light caramel color and looked as if they had inked themselves, but it was lasered.

When she placed a bare, naked hand onto the glass, the being snapped their head towards her direction as her breath hitched out of shock.

It was a boy. His eyes were a mix of fiery red, electric gray, and ocean blue. His left eyebrow had two hairless streaks in them, along with a scar that lined his jaw.

Bricole slides her right hand upwards before he cautiously stands from the bed, walking to towards the glass. He couldn't see her(for the cause of the glass being a mirror to him), but he could feel her warmth pressed on the glass, sending a wave of thermal energy to his senses.

Bricole watched as he stood a-line in front of her. She lifts her hand from the glass, watching him become confused. Smiling a little, she places her hand on the glass once again, watching his eyes follow to her hand. He slowly places his left hand on the glass as if it was against hers. As she places both her hands on the glass, he followed suit.

She stares into his unusual eyes, seeing hurt, confusion, and anger. He stared at her, also. As if he knew where she was and what she was doing.

She begins to feel a tingle in her chest, after a tingle, it felt as if someone was holding it and juggling it. She couldn't tell what it was, but she was in pain.

"Ah!" she moans in pain as her hands fell from the glass. She clutched her chest.

A beautiful soul, he thought.

She seen his arms glowing red, his tattoos coming alive. She gasps as she tries to catch her breath. He looks at his arms before walking back to the bed.

"Bricole, baby?!" Carol calls, dropping her sponge. She hadn't noticed Bricole was gone.

"I'm fine, miss Carol," Bricole breathed, standing to her feet.

"Don't be messing with those creatures, you hear me?! They're dangerous! Don't you know how much trouble we would get into if you were meddling with those things?!" Carol exclaimed, quietly.

"Miss Carol, he's n-not a thing," Bricole protested, still catching her breath.

"Yes he is, child! Are you in denial?" Carol scoffed.

Bricole shook her head as she looked back at the boy.

"No, but I know he isn't a thing. He's inhuman."

Bricole walks away, tending to the cleaning job she earned.

VOTE,
COMMENT,
& SHARE.