Chapter 3

Y/n POV:

After having a chat with Mr. Creedence regarding his son’s disappearance. I looked where the Hell Vanguard could be in a decrepit and hellish version of the school. Another version of what the school could be in the eyes of the demons. Rusted Lockers, bottomless holes, the smell of blood  and the ominous atmosphere that fills every nook and cranny of this place. Equipped with my double barrelled magnum and the power of the devil bringer, I stayed calm as this is my main line of work.

“Now… where could he be?”

I roamed the school’s hallway but it seems like it doesn’t follow the same structure as the school’s. Assuming that limbo is just playing tricks on me to save time for it to consume the Principal’s son. I wouldn’t like to see son die as soon as I arrive so I sped up my pace. I soon arrive to the school’s courtyard and it doesn’t look in any way nicer than the inside. The sky is pitch black and the only thing providing light in the courtyard are the flickering lamp posts. As soon as I stepped in the middle of the courtyard I felt presence nearby.

“You can step out now.”

Suddenly, all the lamp posts lost their remaining energy and stopped flickering. This claims my suspicions to be correct. I began unwrapping the bandages around my arm, revealing the Devil Bringer.

???: “You dare step in my domain…”

A figure wearing a dark cloak came out of nowhere. He’s holding a gigantic purple scythe while having a face of a skeleton.

HV: “You will not leave this place alive…”

“Well let’s see about that after I...”

I pointed my gun at the Hell Vanguard

"Beat you."

and took my first couple of shots at him. He took those first shots like a champ but I only used the remaining of my rubber bullets that I used yesterday to test how sturdy this demon really is. Using normal equipment won’t work to well against this type of demons. The demon started rushing towards me, enraged by those first shots. Swinging his scythe rapidly, I dodged in rapid successions.

HV: “You really should not underestimate me Demon Hunter!”

With that the walls slowly closes, limiting my room to maneuver around. Leading me no choice but to go aggressive.

“I’ll show what power is, just wait for now.”

I raised my arm up and activated ‘Devil Trigger’. A blue glow started surrounding me as I maintain focus onto the demon.

 A blue glow started surrounding me as I maintain focus onto the demon

With that said, I pointed my gun at the Hell Vanguard. I pulled my finger on the trigger while secretly channeling demonic energy, shooting out two bullets from the barrel. Sequentially, four blades was summoned around me. Four spectral blades thrown towards the demon.