Chapter 6

Narrator POV:

Here we are, with our hero. Spending his time in the place where he will be spending his entire year. It was a bright sunny day in the city of Metroville, The sun was radiating throughout Metroville at the constant rate of 30 degrees throughout the day. The day was Thursday, August 9 20XX it was currently 12 pm in the afternoon and our hero is about to have lunch with some he li-

Y/N: "I swear to god Violet, someone is talking in my head right now."

Violet: "Maybe you lack sleep; you look really restless since you came in today..."

Y/N: "After what happened last night, I might not be able to sleep anymore."

Violet: "Why? What happened?"

Previously that night...

Y/N POV:

Gregory: "... This car is about to go back to the fukin Future!"

He laughed like a maniac who just been accepted for the role of joker in a new Batman movie. Wait,  scratch that he is a maniac. With that, he ignited the engine of the car. The car was obnoxious as the engine was roaring signaling everyone in the vicinity that, "someone's got an expensive car please rob it... if you can..." He stepped on the clutch as if he was about to race time itself. Good thing I had my seatbelt on but I don't think this is going to protect me whenever we crash. Especially at the speed, we are going at, right now. The car was swerving everyone on the street avoiding traffic on the road hell he even runs through a street light. The police were alerted but they gave up easily since the car was so fast for them. My heart was beating fast that any moment I could get a heart attack. I was hyperventilating although I didn't make it apparent to him. I looked at the Gps and the estimated time of arrival is 2 minutes. I was thinking to myself

2 minutes huh I can handle this...

I saw his grinning face which in this situation makes me freak out more. The GPS had a countdown to our destination. With each passing second, I can feel my soul leaving my body. The time was at the 10-second mark.

Present day...

"That was all I remember, next thing I knew I was at the bed of my house."

Violet: "Sounds like he has some mental problems..."

"Ha! No doubt about it."

While we were walking towards the canteen, I saw her eying my, "Fixed arm."

Violet: "I just noticed that you aren't wearing your cast anymore."

"Oh yeah, the Gregory gave me a sleeve so that I could cover my entire arm and hand."

Violet: "That's why you are wearing-"

"Gloves on my right hand so people would just think I'm germaphobe or something along those lines."

Violet: "Nice... you mentioned, there is a vampire living with you."

"Oh yeah, her name is Eliza De Rochefort."

Violet: "De Rochefort, Is she French?"

"Yeah, despite her age she looks really young. She said that the house that I am living in is where she lived, although she was only supposed to take a nap what happened is she overslept for 600 years."

Violet: "Did you... kicked her out?"

"Huh? No, I can't afford her to go sucking people off..."

There was an awkward silence between us. One of her eyebrows was raised... maybe I said something wrong...

"I coulda' said that better..."

Violet: "yeah..."

"Anyway, the point is I can't let her loose because she might go out and suck the..."

She squinted her eyes, giving me a piercing glare.

"Blood out of people."

She seemed satisfied with that answer.

Violet: "I assume you give your blood to her just so she can stay put there."

I gave her a surprised look. As her assumption was actually correct

"Good job detective you deserve a promotion"

Violet: "and you deserve to get paid, I can't believe you don't get paid for doing these types of stuff."

"Well if I don't have money maybe I'll just ask that Van Fleet dude; After all, he's one of the wealthiest businessmen in Metroville rivaling Winston Deavor."

Violet: "how do you know that?"

"I keep up with the news..."

Violet: "Really?"

"Well, that's a lie I just saw a headline that Van Fleet's Company is gonna surpass Deavor's at the end of the year."

Violet: "is that so..."

"When I actually woke up he left me the sleeve, cassette player and a smartphone that looks really expensive."

Violet: "maybe he wants you to do some demon hunting stuff..."

Recently that morning...

Y/N POV:

"Damn my head hurts..."

I go up slowly from my bed... wait, my bed? I looked around to see where I was. And sure enough, I was at my house. I looked around to get my bearings while I rubbed my eyes to remove some dirt on my eye. Something caught my attention while I was looking around it was a brand new expensive phone, a cassette player with a cassette inside and a sleeve with a pair of 2 gloves. I grabbed the cassette player...

"Huh, this is pretty... retro."

I pressed the play button on the cassette player, as the tape reels of the cassette rolling a message were playing.

Gregory: "Uh hello is this thing on?"

???: "um... sir, it is on..."

Gregory: "You speak when spoken to maggot!"

After that line, I heard a glass cracked loudly than a THUD! From the background. So from what I've gathered that Van Fleet dude is nuts, and he's probably nuts enough to smack a bottle on someone's head for no reason.

Gregory: "Anyways *clears throat* Y/N this is Van Fleet speaking what I wanted for us to talk about last night before you passed out. I need your help, one of my associates was taken by a demon that's just an armor or something, and I'll give you the rest of the details at the new phone I gave you. My thanks for saving me, is somewhere at your house... not gonna tell where it is, Why? You might think because why the hell not. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

I was covering my ears from that loud ass laugh and the audio recording abruptly ends. I was left wondering what I should do first, oh yeah I need to check the time. There was a clock hanging on top of my desk. I looked at it, looked at it, still looking at it, It was just 4 am in the morning.

"Maybe I should just buy a digital clock, if I'm gonna have a hard time reading this clock."

I opened my door leading to the second floor of the house, which leads to my bedroom and personal bathroom. I went down to see the couch empty and thought to myself either Eliza's asleep somewhere else or she's up doing something.

I sat on the couch wondering what Dante could be doing right now, probably eating some pizza, or not doing anything. Last time I heard from him is he was going to Vie de Marli, he wasn't the Dante I knew from when I first met him. He's more serious when he left for Vie de Marli with a motorcycle. I hope he was just doing a bit or something of the sort. As if it was destined to happen I heard an engine rev outside my house... there was a faint hope in me that it would be Dante so I went outside to find out.

--END--