Welcome, Swellview [1]

"Urgh, why is that stupid box so heavy?" I grumbled, trying to lift up one of the huge cardboard boxes, filled with the stuffs we had packed in earlier. I had already had enough of the idea of moving when my step-dad mentioned it, so you can imagine how happy I was when it came to carry in the minor amont of clothes and other things we brought with us.

The name is Delilah Moore, 17 years old. I have been living together with my mom, step-dad and half-sister, little Ava. I don't know my real dad as he left me and my mom when I was only a baby. Thankfully, mother found another man, Drake Moore, who became my step-dad right after they got married. When I was 12, my half-sister was born. From that time, I see Drake and Ava as my real family as that jerk man - *cough* my real dad *cough* - simply disappeared. My mother doesn't like speaking about it, so I don't bother her with him.

Now, 6 years later an e-mail was sent to Dad, telling him that he was promoted to a co-headmaster of the company he has been working for for years. We were truly happy about it at first... However, when the letter said it comes with a move, both of us began to think it through heartily.

My mom had many returning costumers - she was a quite well-known artist back in Bordertown, the city where we lived before Swellview. It meant she had to get new costumers and enough place for her tools.

Ava was too young to understand that, while Dad was between two fire - on the one hand, he didn't want neither ruin mom's business nor force me to say goodbye to my only best friend, Emily and build up my secret-Nature-identity in a completely other settlement.

I'm sure now you're asking "Who's Nature?" or "What the fudge are you talking about?!" . Well, I don't blame you because of it... It was strange for me at first, too. But lets's start at the beginning.

Back in elementary school, I discovered that I understand the language of the nature, more than even the people. When I saw an ill plant, I sat down there and began to talk to it while stroking with my hand and sprinkling it with special powder I made for it by myself. I don't know how - and I still don't understand why -, but right after I take care about a plant - it can be even huge or tiny -, it begins to grow incredibly rapidly into a beautiful and fully healthy member of the flora. I can also understand and help animals, at the same time I love taking care about the plants more.

After it was certain that I have unique and strange powers, we felt we needed to hide it from others. Not because I was shy - because of the increasing number of criminals, who usually hunt for kids like me to create an evil army of it. Beside, secretly being a "superhero" is much fun, as well. That was when we created Nature, the girl with superpowers, helping the flora and fauna of my hometown and the surrounding towns and cities.

"I know, honey" interrupted Mom my chain of thoughts, bringing me back to the bitter present. She didn't seem tired at all, her curly brown locks made her always happy and hopeful face even brighter. I have the same hairstyle with the curly parts at the end of every locks. I also have the same colored eyes - only one difference is my hair-color, which is dark brown, while mother, dad and sister's hair is much lighter. "What if you pack in your boxes and then out to their new places, I let you out to the city to explore it a bit? You can go as Nature, if you want"

Hearing the deal, my eyes gleamed. "Really? Whenever I finish?"

"Yup, whenever you finish" confirmed her statement the woman with a kind smile on her cheek.

I quickly lifted up the box and stepped to Mom, giving her a thankful hug. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

"No problem" laughed Mom, returning the hug. "Now go and hurry, if you don't want to go out in darkness"

"Yes, Ma'am!" I saluted with my right hand in front of my forehead for a minute, then headed back to the house, toward my new room. Finally, something exciting!