Ongoing events [30]

Third person view

With a tray in his hands, Ray was walking toward his daughter's temporary bedroom. You could find every kind of treats packed onto the silver colored tray - pancakes with butter and maple syrup, fresh orange juice and a pumpkin pie filled the air of the Man Cave as he approached the room.

Deep in his heart, Cap had mixed feelings. He was both happy and worried toward Delilah - first of all, he finally got back his own child, which made him smile every time the laughing girl's cheek appeared in his mind.

On the other hand, he was anxious because of Minyak and his evil little descendant. Crissy has already suffered too much because of his fear of being a proper father - now with his main enemy threating the poor girl with the strange cortex around her made Ray feel uneasy.

His fear only grew bigger when he opened into the bedroom, greeting his daughter but finding nothing in there. Only a messed-up and empty bed sheet without a sleepy teenager girl.

His jaws dropped onto the floor, just like the tray did. The man backed out from the room and hurried into the main place where the other members of the team were chatting in peace.

They looked up at the man confusedly. Henry sounded firstly. "What's up, bud? Isn't Del coming out from her room?"

"She... she..." muttered Ray with unbelievability in his voice. "She is g-gone"

As their reaction, the eyes widened. Charlotte hurried to the machines in order to start searching on the computers with her last hopes. Jasper and Schwoz changed glances and began coming up with possible reasons for the disappearance of the girl. Henry couldn't say a word.

He simply sat down onto the round-couch, staring in front of him with a blank gaze. He must have stayed with the girl to protect her. After all, she was his girlfriend. And not just one from the dozen of girl he had been together. She was somehow special. She wasn't the typical teenager girl - she was funny, arrogant and sweet at the same time. Someone who must be spoiled with great moments and the love she deserves.

But now, she's gone and if they don't do something to prevent Minyak from her, she could even die. Neither him, nor the others could bear that loss.

"That's it!" jumped up the blondie from the couch, a determined smile on his cheek. The others stared him confusedly, having no idea what in the world made the boy so happy suddenly.

"Do you have an idea, Kid?" asked Ray impatiently his sidekick and friend. The man hurried to the younger superhero with shaking limbs due to the stressful status.

"We can say that" responded Hen, bitting his lips as he were trying to express his idea in full sentences. It took him a while to do that, according to the mixed thoughts racing through his brain. He quickly bypassed his boss, rushing to Charlotte and the machines. The one with what they had already found Minyak's location was standing there, as well. "Is the location of the Minyaks' still saved onto this?"

"What's in your mind?" sounded Char with narrowed eyes, looking up at her friend from the chair she was sitting in.

"If we still have the location of the Minyaks, we have a winning play. It's pretty obvious one of them has kidnapped Delilah and possibly brought her to their basement. We just have to go there, slightly visibly from their curious and evil eyes" explained the boy his plan to the others, wildly exposing with his hands during it.

At once, everybody gasped in realisation. The perfect plan had been there, in front of their very eyes and they couldn't notice that! Fortunately, they had a determined Hen, who wanted to get back her friend and girl so badly.