To each its own [5]

"That's my final decision and I don't want to hear any excuses!" declared Mom, hurrying after me and stopping at the first step of the wooden staircase.

I didn't even look back, neither answered. I simply ran back into my room, shutting the door of my bedroom and closing it quickly. I wasn't only angry... Angry, disappointed and sad at the same time.

It all started when I arrived home.

After I had closed the front door behind me, I found a mad mother standing in the middle of the living room, waiting for me to arrive.

Narrowing my eyes, I put down my backpack onto the drawers right next to the front entrance. "Uhm hey Mom... What's up?"

"Delilah... What did you do?" asked the woman with a stern expression on the face. She stepped closer to me, making me even more scared than I have already been. "What have I told you about transforming into Nature?"

"That not to do it in public places?" I asked back, trying to keep up the eye contact. "Mom, I had to do it. Captain Man needed help..."

"Captain Man is Captain Man for a reason. He must be able to defend himself without other's help or only with his sidekick's" stated the mother with a voice that didn't tolerate disagreement.

"Mom. I was aware not to be seen by anyone... Beside, I just felt I need to help them. Captain is indestructible, that's true and he also has Kid by his side but..." I reasoned, but Mom interrupted me.

"...and you felt you must help them out, right? Honey, I know you want to do more with your power. However, you know what my opinion is about this entire superhero-thing, right?" continued the woman with a worried tone in the voice.

"Yes... 'It's dangerous in your age to swing from tree to tree and save other people's lives while you're only a student' " I recalled the well-known sentence, rolling my eyes. "You have been saying it since I was 5!"

"Because I'm worried about your personal life! You won't have a normal, peaceful life if you decide to be a superhero. That's why I forbid you to meet them as Nature again" declared my mom with her right index finger pointing toward the ceiling.

That was the time when I heard enough from the usual speech. I straightened my back and put on my poker face, eyeing mom. "Mom. I'm seventeen now and I think I can decide what is good for me and what isn't. I'm going to help them and even join their team."

The woman's mouth opened widely, her eyes shrinking to the size of a pea. Then, suddenly anger and parental strictness formed on her cheek. She looked at me stiffly as I was a stranger or something, even without blinking. "Delilah Crystal Moore, that's it! Being old doesn't mean being experienced, as well. You don't even know those superheroes well enough - what if they just want to use you? They're totally unreliable and only interested in fame and having a harem, with who they play like a puppet. I won't let my daughter to become such a jerk"

"Oh you speak like you've experienced it!" I argued. I turned around furiously, grabbed my backpack and trotted upstairs, bypassing Ava, who peeked out from her room, curiously following the quarrel in silence.

"That's my final decision and I don't want to hear any excuses!" declared Mom, hurrying after me and stopping at the first step of the wooden staircase.

I didn't even look back, neither answered. I simply ran back into my room, shutting the door of my bedroom and closing it quickly. I wasn't only angry... Angry, disappointed and sad at the same time.

I dropped my bag onto the floor and lumped down onto my bed, staring my poster hanging on my wall while thinking on what to do next.

I was between two fire - I would either stay in my room or escape through one of my window as Nature and attend the agreed meeting with Cap and Kid.

I loved my Mom more than anything and I knew some of her reasons were right... But most of them were only fictitious and fake facts about two men with powers. Of course, they like having attention as nearly everyone... and after all, they were males. I think I don't have to explain this.

So I felt inclined to sneak out and attend the meeting, rather than sulk in my room till I fall asleep between two swears.

Before swinging out from my window, I closed all of the locks on my room - thanks to my special equipments as Nature, I kinda fear for them - and pushed the transformation button on my bracelet. The well-known tingle ran through my body and my brown-green costume appeared, including my mask and the equipments joined to my tactical belt. The last, essential compoment appeared around my two arms, spiraling like emerald green snakes. That's why I call my vines Unakite - the right one - and Jade - the left one -, named after two green crystals.

"Alright guys, it's time to become a superhero" I stated determined, walking toward the closed window. I let Una and Jade open them up for me, so I could peeked out for any incoming source of danger. Fortunately, no one was on the streets - Drake was still at work, until quite late so I wasn't worried about it.

I sat out onto the windowsill and aimed Una toward a street lamp. Then, Jade was the next, she grabbed the edge of a building, swinging me along. I have always loved just "flying" around in Bordertown. It gave me the feeling of being free and also helped me forget my everyday problems. And now, in a team with Captain Man and Kid Danger, it'll also be dangerous and exciting at the same time. Just the feeling what I need in my boring life!