Baby-sitters [16]

"I don't need babysitters, thank you very much!" I turned around and banged the door onto the two main superheroes of Swellview.

After that call from Kid through the phone, I became kinda nervous. How in the world will I be able to be in one place at the same time as Delilah and as Nature? It's just impossible! Beside, Tyler had told me he hears everything we talk or plan so it would only make my situation even worse. What if shocks me in front of Kid, Cap or both? Plus, I'm a strong woman who can defend herself. I don't need babysitters.

"Please, Delilah, at least let us in to talk!" begged Danger from the other side of the door. I stopped where I was at that minute, thinking hard on what to do. It would be rude not to give them a chance to explain their plan. As Delilah I haven't heard every details yet, so... Urgh, I hate guys.

"Fine. You have exactly five minutes" I declared and unlocked the front door so the two men could come in. As they were inside I closed the doors, then directed them to the couch and the arm-chairs. "Sit!"

Captain and Kid immediately did as I said and plopped onto the comfortable couch, right in front of me. I took a chair in one of the similar-colored arm-chairs. I lied back, my legs crossed as I was waiting for the guys to begin.

Kid seemed to be the braver one, while Cap was only looking at me, then at some other place nervously. Geez, it was only me, a random girl who he had met once before. Not like his relative or something.

"So, as we have already told you in a nutshell, we found out something really bad about that Tyler guy in your school" began the blondie, nervousness in his voice.

"Four minutes" I reminded the boy with bored expression on the face. Even as Delilah has already found that out by myself.

"Okay, okay, I'll hurry... Do you know Dr. Minyak?" asked Kid.

"Yes, that's the crazy doctor who wants to kill you. Isn't he?" I replied, trying to seem as I didn't know a thing. Sometimes it was pretty hard to live a double life.

"Yes, it's him" sounded finally Captain Man. He collected enough confidence to look right in the eye and continue the explanation. "And his little boy, Tyler wants to command you as his little puppet"

Now that was something I did not know. Even Nature hadn't been told about it - only that Delilah will need some supervision because Tyler was Minyak's son.

I gasped and went pale. Even my confident self turned into a kinda worried one. "What?!"

"Yeah... And we won't let that jerk hurt you. Has he done anything with you yet?" inquired the man with a serious expression.

I wanted to tell them. I really wanted. Still, I stayed in quiet. I know that Cap and Kid could have helped, though I was afraid deep in my soul that if I tell them anything, Tyler would have done something horrible with me through that stupid microchip - he would even kill me as far as I know him. So instead I came up with a fake story. "No, he hasn't. He just threatened me once, that's all"

The superheroes seemed surprised. Even I was pleased with my quite impressive act.

"That's strange... We thought something has already happened with you" stated Kid, fiddling with his fingers his chin. Then, he glanced at Cap, who stated the same.

"Then the supervision is needed indeed. The first one will be me" declared the older man with a tone that didn't bear any kind of antagonism.

Instead grumbling I sighed, lying my face onto my palms. "Is it really neccessary?"

"Indeed" said Kid and Cap simultaneously.

No excuses, I had to agree with them, seeing the serious look on their faces. "Alright... When will it start?"

"Tomorrow. Cap will wait you in front of the school" declared Danger.

"Right in front of the school? Oh God" I told, closing my eyes and trying to breath in and out rhythmically. This is going to be a long process.

~•~

Next day, I was coming out of Swellview High alone since I told Henry and the others I'm going to have a "guest".

In the door I slowed down and took a look outside through the glass of the doors. My hope was ruined when I glanced Captain Man in his superhero suit standing right in front of the school... Only everyone was staring him non-stop - now you may understand why I didn't want to go home with him.

However, I had to do it - there was no escape. So I sighed, opened the door and headed toward the superhero.

When Captain finally caught sight of me, a lame and nervous smile formed on his face. Mine expression was rather embarrassed and awkward as everyone nearby were staring us like crazy.

"Hi Captain" I greeted the man quietly. As Delilah, he seemed a bit weird - because as Nature, he deemed me as a friend, just like he did with Kid Danger. But as Delilah, it was like someone has stolen the original Captain Man and put a completely different clone there. Strange.

"Hey Delilah... Uhm, did you have a good day?" asked the man awkwardly, trying to break the silence as we were walking toward his car.

"Usual as always" I replied shortly while opening the car and sitting in. The superhero sat behind the wheel and put my backpack to the back-seats. "You-know-who didn't do anything. In fact, he was simply watching me and my friends from a far distance"

"I see... At least you had calmness" replied the man.

After that came a really long and really awkward silence. Neither of us had any kind of topic to talk about.

Somewhere in the city centre, when we were at a stop-light, Cap sounded. "You wanna go home?"

"I have tons of homework so yeah" I answered, analyzing the car. I was bored so I had to do something. Honestly, I kinda liked the car. It's roof was opened up and was an old-model. Still, it was clean and well-tended. Like in those typical American films where the protagonist go through a desert... Or something like that. At least the vehicle reminded me to that scene.

Captain Man noticed my liking toward his car, as well. "Do you like the good old Captain-car?"

"Yup, I love these retro-cars! They're much better than the fancy new ones" I stated, pointing at an expensive vehicle in the other lane.

"Finally, someone who is on the same opinion like me" replied Cap, a bit more relieved smile creeped onto his face. "Kid doesn't like it, while Nature... Well, she hasn't travelled with it yet so I don't know about her... Hm. I wonder where she can be... She hasn't showed up since yesterday"

Oh no, that was the problem I was afraid of. "Huh, well, probably she's busy with her own life" I stated, trying to bring under the awkward smile on my cheek. Captain took a look at me with a suspiciously, while I was trying to not look him in the eye.

For a moment I thought he guessed Nature's true self - right until he nodded in agreement. "Yeah, you're right. Oh, we're here! I'll quickly park the car" said the man and turned the steering wheel to park the Captain-car.

When the engine was still, I grabbed my backpack from the back-seats and debused the vehicle. Cap walked to me, waiting for the continuation, his hands in the pockets of his uniform. The awkward part of the day will only start now. Great. "Let's go in and eat something. I'm starving" I declared and began walking to the entrance of the house, my key in my hand. The superhero simply followed me there, then into the house. Calm down Delilah, only a couple of hours left with Swellview's main hero in the wake of me.