Under the pressure of time [32]

Third person view

As soon as the little group arrived to the Minyak residence, the two superheroes took the weapons from Schwoz who had prepared them during the journey. They got out of the car, setting the high-tech guns ready to attack.

"Be careful, guys! And try to come out in one piece, including Delilah, as well" warned Charlotte Captain and Kid, who didn't answer anything, only nodded that they understood. They signaled to the remaining members of the team to hide in the car, in case of Minyak would have another plan, now against the rescuing team.

Char, Jasp and Schwoz obeyed and began putting the blankets onto themselves as cover.

On the other hand, Ray and Henry started approaching the cosy-looking house. It was already morning, so they had to hurry if they didn't want to be seen in the daylight. At the door they used their own, small laser devices to melt the lock and open in, their eyes darting from one room to another, nervously looking for the secret basement of Minyak. They had to hurry to find Delilah and the Minyaks as soon as possible. Del's life was at risk.

"Ray, I hear something from here" Kid signaled to his boss,who immediately hurried to the boy impatiently. The younger superhero pointed with his finger through the gap between a door and its frame, toward the bed in the abnormal position. They slowly glanced the trapdoor and the overly silence which ruled the room except the beeping of the machines. "There must be their basement"

"You're right, Kid" agreed Cap and slipping through the gap between Henry and the wall, carefully opening the door and stepping in. "Let's beat Minyaks' face flat"

Hen followed the man, taking an eye on every suspicious objects and noises. The room seemed just the ordinary bedroom of a middle aged man - but of course, that couldn't hocus-pocus them. They knew the scientist well enough that it all was just the part of the cover.

At the trapdoor, the heroes stopped for a minute, looking at the other for a proper plan. None of them exactly had a detailed plan, only a main goal of taking revenge on their arch-enemy. That was the moment when both the men realised how much Delilah's presence meant. They always had a well-set up plan then.

One plus reason to save her from the claws of the mad scientist.

"I'm going first, you follow me" gave Ray out the command to his sidekick, who simply nodded in agreement. Captain Man took a deep breath before stepping onto the first stair.

As they were sneaking downwards, the same view welcomed them like it had done to Delilah, with two exceptions of course. Old-style basement with many, different invetions, a huge table - and a barely living girl, covered in cortex all over her body. Only one of her eyes, her mouth, and nose could be seen, but roots also covered them slightly. She didn't breath at all, her stomach wasn't moving. But she was still alive - even only barely, but she was alive.

The other was Tyler, tied against the wall just like Delilah. The hat thing had been removed from his head as he didn't had the strength to read in minds anymore. He was on the edge of giving up and leaving for the eternity.

The two arrivals were shocked due to the horrible scene. How could someone do something like that? It wasn't the creation of a humankind. It was the creation of a beast, who had no heart at all.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Captain Man and Kid Danger, eh? Coming to save your precious Delilah?" spat the words furiously Dr. Minyak such as a viper would have done with his venom. He snarled at the two with insane look in the eyes. His mind definitely clouded, that's for sure. He was purely evil by the heart and had to be defeated.

"What have you done to them, Minyak? To your own son, too? Do you even have a heart?" questioned the man the scientist, barely visibly approaching toward his daughter to make this madness stop. His heart didn't know to beat faster or just to scantly, the anger, vindictiveness and sorrow mixing into a dangerous compound. He was ready to do anything for his child and even to save poor Tyler guy.

"Delilah! Delilah, if you hear me, give me a sign" begged the blondie with almost crying tone. Even small tears formed in the corner of his eyes as the terrifying image of his girlfriend hit his eyes every time.

He also began sneaking toward the almost lifeless body behind Ray. It was really inconspicious - still, the scientist was in such an abnormal status that it put out his eyes. He lifted up his arm and aimed a small little gun toward the boy and then immediately shot something. Cao wasn't in the way, while thanks to his hyper motility, Henry could successfully avoid the deadly bullet. In fact, he caught it and wanted to use against Minyak.

But the scientist had a plan for this, as well. He dashed to the cortex-covered girl and began approaching his hands toward her. He sounded with narrowed eyes. "If you dare to do anything against me, one touch onto her cortex and she's dead"