The tough truth [19]

"What?!" we reacted simultaneously, our eyes widening as we heard the other's statement.

I became so surprised that I even stepped back some, out of the boy's tight hug. My heart sped up again, but then from the secret I had found out. No. No, he can't. He can't be Henry... Can he?

"I can't believe I kissed my own friend" I spoke with a halt, my eyes staring into nowhere. Every part of my body was frozen while my mind was spinning without a stop. And at the end, it was more than possible - that's why he had disappeared then appeared again, telling nothing about his whereabout.

"I can't believe I kissed my own colleague" back-pedalled Kid, his gaze darting between me and the surrounding area. "How can you be her? She's so arrogant and... and you're totally different"

I didn't say anything for minutes after, only tried to process the new information. I kissed Henry, who had been my colleague all along. I had already forgotten the Hart-issue as something had started to form between me and Kid. I don't say it was love for the first sight - we had became friends, then more than friends. But with this news, my emotions completely collapsed.

I felt both surprised, happy and confused at the same time. The blond superhero also noticed my confused emotions - his blue orbs settled down on me and he stepped closer. To my surprise, a hand touched my chin, forcing me to eye him. "Hey, it's okay. I wanted to tell you earlier... But I wasn't sure what would Cap feel about it"

"Me too... But especially since you guard me like a toddler, I just didn't have the courage and time" I explained, the mixed emotions began calming down. My usual smile came back onto my lips, as well. Now that we had told the other the truth, I felt I could share another important matter of mine. "Plus, probably my dad saw me in the city one day, then wrote a message to my Mom... I've been trying to find him, though no one know a thing about him"

"Oh, really? How did you find out it's probably him and not a stranger?" asked Henry, seemingly nervously. His long fingers dug into his blond hair while his other hand was relaxing on my waist without hesitation. I didn't mind it - I had other thoughts to think about.

"He sent a message to her phone while I was talking with Captain Man. I usually can't sit for too long in one place so I unlocked the phone and saw the message... Some kind of Raymond wrote it, clearly arguing with Mom about me. It was kinda obvious" I explained. One of my eyes was narrowed, suspiciously examining my friend. "You know something I don't"

"Me? Please. In Swellview there are like a dozen of Raymond-named guys. Why don't you just message him yourself? Surely he wouldn't mind his own daughter, would he?" suggested Hen. He had a point, however, his smile was still fake.

"You're right. There's no point in searching for someone by bypassing the clear truth itself" I agreed, immediately sinking my hand into the pocket of my jeans for my phone. I unlocked it under no time and opened the saved numbers to create a new message. I had waited for too long to meet my own father.

Before I could have written that message, Danger grabbed my phone violently. I looked at the boy with a questioning look. "What?"

"Uh, you should talk with Cap first, shouldn't you? Now that you know who I'm and I do to, we shouldn't keep it as a secret in front of our boss, right?" told the guy the totally convincing fact. He was right, Captain Man should find out the truth, as well.

I took back my phone and put it back to my pocket. "You're right. Let's head to the Man Cave" I stated with a sigh. It was finally time to make things clear. "Oh and Kid"

"Yes?" asked back the hero with a questioning look.

"Would you show me the normal entrance? It would be nice to know where it is" I requested Henry with a puppy-face. I used that whenever I wanted something really badly - and to my luck, it mostly worked.

It did it now, as well. The boy sighed and smiled kindly, at the end nodding in agreement. His hand was open, waiting opened for mine. I froze for a minute, but at the end I accepted it and grabbed the huge palm with my tiny one. The long fingers wove among mines as we began walking toward the Man Cave through the street in the warm sunshine.

~•~

Some streets later I grabbed the handle of the door and entered the small store with Henry coming after me. When I glimpsed the shop, I immediately recognised the place - that was the store where Henry had helped out a guy before.

As we closed the entrance behind us, a huge dinosaur began belching fire, small bells ringing above us. Looking around, the store looked just as cool as it had been before. All the junk that had been renovated and turned into valuable gifts - I simply loved every little piece of the store.

However, something wasn't right. In a word, Jasper and Charlotte behind the desk.

"Uhm, Hen... Do they know you're... You know" I asked the boy behind me. My eyes were narrowed as we eyed my two other friends in front of us, my back against the superhero's chest.

To calm me down, he put his hands gently onto my waist. It made me a little bit nervous - still, I didn't mind it at all. After we had been through, it was nice to think about something else than Tyler, lies and disappeared dads. Beside, I was a bit happy, as well - after all, I was with the one I really liked. And had liked before - total craziness.

"Yeah, they know" stated Henry with a loose rein and began walking toward Charlotte and Jasper. I followed him there, stopping right in front of the desk. "She knows it. Is Cap down there?"

"Yup, he's been working on some kind of project with Schwoz" answered Char, giving me a heartening glance. "Good luck, Del"

"Thanks I guess" I replied and went after the blond haired guy, right into a small room behind the desk. It's time.