Sudden memories [20]

"Are you ready?" asked Hen with a bit of concern in his tone as the elevator arrived.

We stepped into. I simply lied my back against a wall of the lift, waiting for the boy to press the right button. However, instead he came closer to me and put an arm around me, his chest touching my back. I narrowed my eyes, not knowing why for the defending moves.

A moment later I got the answer. As the elevator started up, the floor under our feet disappeared and a strong vacuum of air pushed us downwards and downwards without a stop.

I would surely have been flying around like crazy if Hen hadn't held me close to himself. With that, it was like going downwards in the tubes down in the Man Cave, but with the best friend in the world. However, after that kiss earlier today - I wasn't sure in what stage we were in.

Arriving to the end of the little journey, the elevator arrived with a loud bang, nearly making me drop onto the floor. After I had collected my common sense, I pressed the opening button, revealing the Man Cave as I had left it this morning in its former form - but with a strangely familiar man sitting at the round-couch, eating something peacefully. I didn't know from where - but I have definitely met him before in my life.

"Hey man" sounded Hen from my side.

As reaction, the man dropped the fork he had been eating with and split whatever he had been chewing on. Seeing his backlash, I narrowed my eyes.

We had waited a couple of moments until he re-collected himself, dusted his clothes from the bits of food and finally stood up, slowly stepping toward us

We had waited a couple of moments until he re-collected himself, dusted his clothes from the bits of food and finally stood up, slowly stepping toward us. He seemed pretty nervous about us being here - I could read that from his expression and movements as he stopped one meter in front of us. "H-Hey guys... I wasn't expecting you to come here so early"

"It doesn't matter anymore, Ray. She knows me and I know her kinda huge secret, as well" explained the blondie instead of me. I was so grateful for him for doing that - my mind was filled with dozens of combinations and memories.

Somehow, the man seemed similar to Cap - his hair colour, tone and built; not to mention he was literally in the Man Cave, so I didn't doubt his identity. I knew only a few people and I could definitely recognise my own boss from facts like these.

Plus, as I looked at him, a strange feeling formed deep in my heart. I was confused, incredibly happy and mad at the same time. It got even worse when our similar-coloured eyes met - childhood memories infested my view. Most of them were about the last pictures of my real dad - his features, look and unique tone. And I only kept these memories from exactly one occasion. Back in nursery, at the age of five, my mom didn't let me closer to him since he had left us without saying goodbye. That was the time I saw him firstly and lastly.

However, when I examined Ray's features, some kind of vibes filled my veins. As he looked at me with the blue eyes, doing the exact same investigation on me... I had a pretty bad hunch about it. His name made it even worse.

"Isn't your first name Raymond by any chance?" I suddenly sounded. The question blurted out of me without control. I started to become more and more nervous about the situation.

"Yes, it is" sighed the man. His features showed he also became pretty flustered. The atmosphere was smouldering from the taut situation.

The only possible solution filled my mind and turned my curiousity into pure fear, sadness and anger. As I looked into Ray's eyes - or else, Cap's eyes - my eyes began watering, letting my anger out. I said nothing, simply turned around and walked back to the elevator, pushing the opening button. It will be better for both of us not to argue in such a tense situation.

But then, two strong hands grabbed my shoulders, keeping me back from escaping the Man Cave. I didn't turn around - I was staring the iron door of the lift, trying not to freak out. After all, I had been waiting for this moment for so long... Right?

"Del, I-I can explain" sounded Ray, his voice trembling from nervousness

"Del, I-I can explain" sounded Ray, his voice trembling from nervousness. Henry tried to hold the man back, but the latter one was stronger.

"What? That my own father has been guarding me without telling me 'Hey, I'm your dad' or anything else?" I barked back, my eyes glowing from the mixed emotions.

I harshly turned around, every bodypart of mine shaking. He had been there with me all along since we had moved to Swellview. Mostly as Captain Man - as a colleague or guardian. But he had been there. And he did nothing about it.

"I-I know you're angry, Delilah... But I did it for you. To let you live a normal and happy life without being a freak of nature... Like me" said the man, his blue eyes looking deeply into mines.

"Well, then it was a useless action since I was given a strange superpower involving plants" I back-pedalled, still not letting from my opinion. "You know, at least you could have visited me some times... I've been growing up without a proper dad"

With that, I shook his hands off and tried to escape again. However, the man didn't let me - he grabbed my upper arms then, more violently then before.

I became even more furious. I didn't hold back Una and Jade break through my palms, roughly hurrying toward Raymond's neck. It hurt too much to call him 'Dad'. He also hadn't been acting like one. My dad had been Drake and he will be only.

But then, only Jade left my palm. Instead of Una, my fingers slowly turned to green and elongated like there weren't bones in my fingers. My eyes widened as I watched them swirl toward Ray's neck and curl around it. Finally, they even lifted him up into the air.

I was angry. Still, I didn't want to kill him, simply punch him or something. However, it was like my power wasn't under my control. The vines controlled themselves, driven by a mysterious power I couldn't reach to get ahold of.

Soon, every bodypart of mine was under the claws of the puppeteer, namely Tyler's or his dad, Minyak's. My moves were like a robot's, driven by the crazy scientists through the microchip in my neck. That was the moment when I realized what had the jerk done with me. He turned me into a manageable freak of nature with crazy new superpowers. Because naturally these powers hadn't been owned by me before. The boy had done something to call it forth.

And I was powerless.