Let The Games Begin

Taehyung didn't know what to do about Jungkook. He thought about what to do. He thought about it all weekend. It plagued him even as he did the laundry, finally able to clean his clothes with the bill paid off. But it didn't calm his mind.

He thought about it late at night too, lying awake on the couch instead of moving to sleep in the bed. He considered discussing it with Jimin, thought about texting his friend, wondered how to form the words to frame his mess of conflicting reactions. But thinking didn't form action, and in the end, all he managed to do was get further worked up over the situation.

And when he returned to class Monday morning, he finally stopped thinking about it for a brief moment, only for it to come flying back in his face too when he saw Jungkook sitting in the seat directly behind his own. He froze in the doorway of the room, anger rising from the pit of his stomach to spread across his chest like a lit match.

There was something about this kid. No matter what Jungkook did seemed like a personal attack against him. Taehyung swallowed and took a deep breath, chest expanding to ease the anger enough to make his way across the room. As he passed Jungkook's desk, he refused to meet his gaze but caught a quick glimpse of him in his peripherals. Jungkook had his backpack slung over the back of the seat and his books strewn across the desk, which implied he wasn't sitting there for a short period of time.

Taehyung tried to ignore it first. He cleared his throat idly and set his backpack down on the floor, pretending everything was normal until Jungkook started to tap his pencil against the desk. The noise continued for half a minute before Taehyung had enough and whipped around to meet Jungkook's gaze, who stared up at him with a smirk. He wanted to slap it off his face.

"Why don't you get back to your own seat?" Taehyung hissed, tilting his head to motion toward the back of the room. With his biting words, it attracted the attention of Yoongi and Jimin, who both turned to watch Jungkook's reaction.

Unfortunately for his audience, Jungkook shrugged his shoulders and leaned back into the seat, throwing his arm across the back of the seat. "This is my seat now," He boasted. "Go ahead, ask the teacher." He raised a brow, still smirking, and Taehyung grit his teeth, pushing down the anger.

Deciding not to make a scene, he sighed heavily before turning back around in his seat, with his back to Jungkook. Yoongi stared at him, turned around in his seat, with a concerned expression, but Taehyung nodded as if telling him it was fine until he turned back around. The nod must have satisfied Jimin as well because his friend also looked away from Jungkook and began to organize his books for the lesson.

Once class began, Taehyung wondered whether he was overreacting. Jungkook had said nothing to him for the first lesson and kept mostly quiet, and he could finally breathe again, until the break between classes.

Taehyung had his head down on the desk between classes. Again. He had noticed this earlier on, even before he switched seats. At first, he thought he needed to adjust back to school, but the habit continued.

Jungkook wondered what kept his classmate up at night. Certainty, he didn't have the best home life, but it wasn't as if he lived in a loud neighborhood where noise or children would disrupt him. He wondered what the point of switching seats was when the other hardly paid him any attention.

With his elbow resting on the desk, he leaned forward to place his cheek against the palm of his hand and let his eyes wander down Taehyung's back in thought. When his gaze reached the middle of his back, he noticed something odd. There was a small patch of black fabric against the white. The school's uniform was an all-white zip up with green sleeves and upper torso, but there was no black.