The Knight In Shining Armour

"Are you sure you should be here?" Jimin asked for the third time since he followed Taehyung from the cafeteria, walking in unison as they headed toward the classroom. "You fainted yesterday, that asshole practically drugged you, and you're still sick!"

"Stop fretting," Taehyung told him without looking up from where he stared down at the floor. "I feel much better today, I took some medicine, and Jungkook hasn't said a word to me since yesterday."

"I still don't trust him," Jimin explained with a slight whine in his tone. "I should've listened to you when you said he was bad news."

Taehyung huffed a laugh as he stopped for a moment by the drinking found and Jimin halted to stand next to him. "Yeah," He agreed. "Maybe. But at least he's leaving me alone for now. That's all I want." He leaned down to a drink of water quickly before turning to face Jimin's sad gaze for a moment, smiling in amusement. "I don't blame you, Jiminie. You had no idea."

Jimin rolled his eyes, finally smiling back at Taehyung. "I know you don't," He sighed and lifted a hand towards Taehyung, reaching out to touch his shoulder with a light grip. "I was just really scared of losing my best friend."

Though it was a touching moment, he couldn't help but smile at Jimin's serious attitude. He wasn't used to seeing Jimin like this, and Taehyung didn't know what to do. Without thinking, he reached up to gently grab Jimin's hand, squeezing it quickly and pulled it off his shoulder. "I'll be okay. You got me to the nurse. That was the right thing to do," Taehyung said in an attempt to reassure him.

"I know I did," Jimin chuckled. "But I'm still mad Jungkook had to carry you. Yoongi and I felt so weak. It was embarrassing." But Taehyung wasn't really listening anymore with his back turned on Jimin as he made his way toward the classroom once again. He was too busy trying to push down all his thoughts from the strange interaction he had from Jungkook from yesterday.

It was thanks to his sickness that he was able to do so at all last night, and his father kept him a bit busy with his worrying and constant fretting. He and Jimin were alike in that sense and the thought of returning to normalcy thanks to yesterday's events seemed out of grasp in the near future. Even Jungkook hadn't spoken to him all morning, which was what he wanted anyway, but things still felt tense.

As the two approached the door, Taehyung reminded himself what would happen when he stepped back in the room. He could feel his shoulders tense on stress at what was to come, could feel the desperate need for some statement on his tongue. But when he finally pushed open the door and Jungkook's eyes met his, looking over his shoulder at the door, Taehyung wanted to immediately retreat.

"Are you okay?"

Taehyung looked back at Jimin behind him, his awareness of the rest of the room come back to him at once. Jimin was staring at him again with his head down and mouth dragged in a sad frown. When Taehyung finally spoke, he offered a bright smile in an attempt to hide his lie. "Yeah, I'm good," He managed and turned back around before heading to his seat.

He felt faintly dizzy and wondered if it was his symptoms returning at full force once again. When he reached his desk, Taehyung quickly reached out to grasp the edge of the wood before lowering himself into the seat. He needed to calm his nerves. The first few periods went fine, so there was no reason to be concerned now.

With his eyes closed, he took a deep breath and reached out to grab the paper sitting on his desk. Though his heart wouldn't stop pounding, the rational side of his brain told him it was probably a returned worksheet or quiz.

With as much courage as he could muster, Taehyung opened his eyes and stared down at the paper. He was right, of course. It was the first math quiz of the year. A smile appeared on his features as his heart returned to a steady rhythm, and his hand relaxed against the desk.