Chapter One

Ravens POV:

"Be what you're meant to be Raven. Don't disappoint me again."

My father, a large and unforgiving demon, looked down at me, his four yellow eyes were focused on me. I watched as they turned blood red, signalling that his patience with me was running low.

"Get rid of him or you will regret it!" He hissed at me, anger obviously present in his voice.

I jumped awake, screaming at the nightmare I just had. Beads of sweat fell down my face as I panted, unable to breathe correctly. I can't do this, not today.
I got up in a hurry and ran, well floated quickly, to the common room where the kitchen was located. Seeing as it was only 6am I assumed it to be empty but of course knowing my friends my assumption was wrong. Well, halfway wrong. As soon as I stepped inside I could sense a presence. There was beast boy asleep on the couch, controller in hand and drool escaping from his mouth, in a deep sleep. I rolled my eyes and went to the cabinet to collect my things for my herbal tea. It was the only thing that got me through the day. Well besides my books of course. I've never been to social but none of the other Titans seemed to mind as they never pushed me to communicate, except beastboy of course.

Once my tea was done I grabbed it and went to the couch, sitting on the opposite side of beastboy. He was still in deep sleep, and honestly it kind of worried me. He's never been out here this early, he always retreats to his room to sleep. I took a closer look at him and noticed the clear moist substance falling from his eyes. He was or had been crying. That must be why he's out here. I sighed, knowing the cause of his tears. Terra.

She had been a titan and a good friend before she decided to join Slade. Beast boy had been in love with her. Everyone knew, everyone except Terra herself. I sighed quietly and felt something I know all to well but refuse to show it. Sympathy. I knew what it was like to lose someone you love. I went back to the kitchen to discard my cup and grabbed a damp rag. Walking back over to beastboy I gently ran the rag across his face, making the tears and drool disappear from his face. Next, I grabbed a spare blanket from the closet and wrapped it around him, shielding him from the coldness of the common room. He seemed so peaceful compared to the state he was in when I first walked into the room. He seemed damaged, weak, and made for an easy target. I sighed at the thought.

He may be annoying and insufferable, but he was my friend. My closest friend at that. After everything that's happened to me, beast boy was right there to take care of me. I took one more glance at him as my fathers voice played inside my head.

"Get rid of him"

My father had ordered me to get rid of him. I attempted to shake his voice out of my head, but I couldn't. Beastboy stirred in his sleep causing me to jump, but I slowly collected myself before raising my hand towards beastboy. I felt a single tear escaped my eye as I watched him sleep. He didn't deserve this. He was a good person. He was my friend. Tears began streaming down my face as I slowly put my hand down, unable to harm him. I can't do it. I can't kill my best friend.

I ran back to my room and fell onto my bed, allowing the tears to fall. It sucked being the daughter of a demon. I wasn't even born out of love or happiness, I was born to be served as property, as a portal. Luckily my friends and I stopped him but he still lurked inside my head. He would never go away. He would always remain there constantly reminding me that I was merely his puppet, nothing less and certainly nothing more.
As I was thinking of the downsides to being who I am as a person I began to feel something. My stomach had started burning, like there was a fire inside of me. I grabbed my stomach and screamed in pain as my body started to glow blood red. I heard the door open and looked over to see a figure standing at my door before everything went black.

Beastboys POV

I yawned as I woke up and looked around. Why was I in the common room? Remembering my thoughts last night I quickly grew upset. That's right, I remember now. Terra. Oh how I loved that girl. The way her blond locks swayed in the wind, how her blue eyes shined as the sunlight hit them, and the way she smiled as she laughed at one of my stupid jokes. I need to stop.

I looked down and noticed that I had a blanket around me. Funny I don't remember grabbing a blanket? Then it hit me. Ravens scent. I smiled as her scent invaded my nose. She had seen me and put the blanket on me. Raven did care, although if I ever told anyone she'd have me thrown out of the highest window in the tower.

My thoughts were interrupted by screaming. My ears perked up at the sound. It was Raven. I hurried up and ran to her room. I tried opening it but it wouldn't budge. Worry took over me as I quickly shifted to a gorilla and forced the door open before changing to normal again. I managed to get the door open soon enough to watch Raven pass out on her bed. Without second thinking I ran to her and scooped her body into my arms, panicking.

"Raven! Raven wake up!"

Nothing. I noticed her chest ever so slightly rising and falling. My nerves relaxed a bit but I was still worried, what had caused this? I laid her back on her bed and covered her up with her dark purple blanket. There's no way I'm leaving her on her own in this condition. I grabbed a chair to sit next to her as I took her hand and watched her. She was so beautiful when she slept. At least I wanted to believe she was just sleeping. After watching her for so long my eyes began to grow heavy as I laid my head on her bed and let sleep consume me, not letting go of her hand.