Chapter Thirteen

Ravens POV

I woke up the next morning with a very green arm around my waist. I looked up and saw beast boy snoring his head off. Mouth open, drool spilling from his mouth, and his pointy ears relaxed. I smiled at him and kissed his cheek, causing him to shuffle in his sleep but of course it wasn't enough to wake him. I decided to get up and throw on a pair of dark purple pajama pants and a simple loose black tank top as I went to the kitchen and fix some tea. It was still pretty early so I kind of expected the rest of the team to be asleep still. Except for one certain black haired masked crime fighter. I left the tea finish as I went to the gym to see Robin doing his usual morning workout and training. I sighed softly as I noticed him pushing himself harder than usual. All of them are working so hard just to save beastboy from my father. I guess Robin notices me cause he stops in his tracks, but doesn't face me.

"Anymore news about your father?"

I sighed and looked down. I hate hearing the word father. I have no father. Just a power hungry demon that thinks of me as his personal property. I shake my head no but realize he isn't looking at me.

"No.. Its been pretty quiet lately but that usually means he's planning his next move or a full on attack."

Robin sighs and shakes his head before looking to the ground.

"If he tells you anything you tell me immediately, got it?"

I just nod my head, not caring if he sees my response or not.

"Robin... If it comes down to it... Let my father take me... He can't kill me he obviously still needs me but if we let him win Beastboy could... Die"

I choke on the last word, struggling to hold my tears back. It's true. At very least if my father decides to show himself i can offer to go with him and train under his word.

Robin dropped the weight in his hand and jumped up grabbed my shoulders looking more serious then I've ever seen him.

"No one on this team is leaving! As leader I swore to protect every single one of you no matter the situation! We're not just gonna give up on you and let him take you from us. Besides beastboy would never forgive me. Beastboy needs you Raven. We all do."

I just stare at him as my tears finally fall. I never knew Robin cared so much about any of us. He truly is a leader. My lips slowly form into a smile as I hug Robin, enjoying the embrace of a friend.

I release Robin from the hug right as Starfire enters the room. She looks at us and smiles her famous smile. The smile that even makes me smile.

"Raven! You are looking very much of the happy!"

I just giggle a bit at her broken English, knowing she can't help it.

"It makes me happy knowing I have great friends like you guys."

I wave goodbye to them as I head back to the kitchen and sip on my now cold tea. I held the cup in my hands and inhaled the fragrance, sending a smile to my lips.

Beastboys POV:

I woke up to the sun glaring in my eyes. I felt next to me, expecting to feel Raven next to me but frown when I realized she wasn't here. I got up and slid a plain black T-shirt on and walked into the kitchen where I was met with Raven smiling at her tea. She was so cute, and all mine. She's way to pure to have that demon as a father. I gritted my teeth just at the thought of him. Making Raven make such a decision. I swear I'll protect Raven with every fiber of my being.

I snuck up behind Raven and wrapped my arms around her, catching her off guard causing her tea to fly out of her hand. She gasped loudly and looked at me with such anger in her eyes.

"BEASTBOY!!"

I just looked at her and laughed as she stood there, clenching and unclenching her fists. Bet she wishes she had her powers now. I stick my tongue out at her and take off towards our room. I feel her following closely behind me. As soon as I open the door to our room she pushes me onto the bed and pins me down, looking down at me still pissed as before. I just laugh some more and study her face. She's so beautiful. She's so amazing. She's so... Raven.

"I know you're pissed Rae, but you're still so beautiful. And you'll always be beautiful to me no matter what."

I watched as her face turns bright red and she avoids eye contact with me.

"Even if I'm really just a demon doomed to a life full of hell by my own father?"

I couldn't help but laugh. She looked at me, confused and slightly offended.

"Rae nothing you can say or believe will make me stop loving you. No matter what your father throws at us I will always think you're the brightest light in my life. You will always be my sun."

Half way through my speech or whatever you'd call that Rae started crying. I gently wipe the tears off her face as she smiles and engulfs me in a hug. I just smile and hold onto her. Nothing is more perfect than her. Nothing can ruin this moment.

... Unless you're me and doomed to have all your happy moments ruined.

My animal instincts kicked in as I flipped us over, guarding Ravens body as an explosion went off right out side the window and everything went black.