Chapter Seven

Ravens POV:

I woke up to a headache. I sat up and held my head. God I feel like one of those teenagers that got drunk off their ass. I recalled last night's events then my eyes went wide. My father. He gave me a deadline. Beastboy was in danger. I couldn't handle it. I couldn't endanger him. I got up to make my way to the common room for my morning herbal tea. I was so deep in thought I didn't realize beastboy was in front of me until I bumped into him. I looked up, meeting his eyes as he smiled at me. That fucking smile.

"Morning Rae."

I just looked away and continued my walk to the common room. I couldn't even look at him. I can't. He will get hurt because of me. I made my tea and quickly went to the roof. I stared out at the city as the sun slowly rose out over the horizon. I was so absorbed into the sunrise that I once again didn't notice beastboys presence.

Beastboys POV:

That was weird. She ignored me. Did I do something wrong? Is she mad at me? I sighed and ran into my room and grabbed the remote before going to the common room. I walked in just in time to watch Raven head towards the roof. She sat on the edge and seemed so engulfed in the sunrise. I just stood there and looked at her for a bit. I couldn't help admiring how beautiful she truly is. Then I remembered her ignoring me this morning. I had to find out what I did wrong. I stepped towards her.

"Rae?"

She tensed up, but didn't look at me.

"Yes Beastboy?"

I frowned. I was beastboy again. Not Gar.

"Are you okay? What's wrong? Did I do something wrong?"

She shook her head.

"You did nothing wrong."

"Then what's the matter Rae?" She frowned.

"Nothing is wrong."

I sighed, she's not gonna make this easy.

"There is something wrong what is it?"

She squeezed her hand into a fist.

"I said nothing is wrong."

She's lying.

"Something is wrong."

And that is where I fucked up. She got up and glared at me.

"I SAID NOTHING IS WRONG BEASTBOY JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"

Then she ran back inside the tower. Probably running to her room as she always does when she's upset. I just sighed and slowly walked back inside.

Ravens POV:

"I SAID NOTHING IS WRONG BEASTBOY JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"

I ran inside making a bee line for my room. I laid on my bed and let tears fall down my face. I didn't want to be so harsh to him but I can't let him get hurt. Not because of me. He didn't deserve all the baggage I brought to our relationship. I froze. Relationship? We're not even dating. We've only kissed and now I'm sitting here talking about our "relationship"
I sighed. I grabbed a book and began reading. At least this will give me  distraction.

After a few hours and about five books the alarm went off, alerting us there was trouble yet again. We all gathered around the large screen. This time it was Control Freak. He was hypnotizing the citizens. We all ran into action.

As soon as we got there Robin, Cyborg, and Starfire all ran into action. I on the other hand was focusing on getting everyone safe. I ran all around helping citizens escape.

"Thanks mister!"

I turned around to see beastboy handing a women a little boy. The little boy was grinning from ear to ear as he was reunited with his mother. Beastboy faced me and smiled at me before I turned my head. I talked to him without looking back at him.

"I don't need help. Why aren't you helping the others?"

I heard him kick a rock.

"I'm your bodyguard remember? Or did our last kiss wipe your memory Rae?"

I could hear the amusement in his voice. I kept looking forward, shielding my blushing face.

"Our kiss was a mistake. This whole thing was a mistake beastboy."

I turned around, causing him to stop walking.

"Nothing between us should of happened. All those kisses shouldn't of happened. I was so stupid to let those things happen."

He stepped forward and lightly gripped my shoulders.

"You don't mean that Rae. You weren't stupid. Expressing your feelings is never stupid. It'll be oka-"

"NO BEASTBOY IT WON'T BE OKAY. WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THAT THINGS WILL NEVER BE OKAY FOR ME!?"

He froze. His arms dropped to his side. His face showed no emotion. He stepped back.

"I'm sorry Rae.. I didn't mean to upset you.."

I just shook my head

"Whatever the teams done let's just go."

We all went back to the tower to celebrate yet another victory. I didn't feel like celebrating. Apparently neither did beastboy as he just went straight to his room once we got home. I sighed. He's hurting and I can't help him.

The team decided we deserve a movie night. Cyborg picked out a movie while Robin made us all popcorn. Me and Starfire sat on the couch as they prepared everything. Once the popcorn was ready Cyborg started the movie. I sighed and leaned back, unable to focus on the movie as my mind was wondering other places.

Half way through the movie Robin and Starfire weren't even watching the movie. They were just kissing in the dark, completely forgetting we were here. I rolled my eyes and stood up to make my way to my room. Once I made it to the Hall I was stopped by Cyborg.

"Hey Rae, do you know what's up with BB? He's been in his room all day and I'm kind of worried about him."

I sighed and looked at the floor. Anywhere I could look besides him. How could I look him in the eye and tell him I'm the reason behind his best friends pain?

"I kind of... Went off on him... He uh... He said one of his stupid jokes again and I just had enough so I kind of snapped... Yeah... "

I looked up at Cyborg. He didn't seem to believe me but he ignored it and nodded before going into his room. I sighed and walked towards my own room. I passed beastboys room on the way and stopped in front of it.

"Beastboy?"

Silence. So I knocked. No answer.

"Beastboy are you okay?"

Still no answer. I decided to open the door, only to find an empty room and an open window.