Chapter Two

Ravens POV:

"YOU FAILED ME DAUGHTER"

he spit out the word daughter, obviously ashamed to admit I exist. He looked me up and down and growled

"You had one job! And you failed!"

He huffed annoyed and grabbed my wrist pinning it against the old brick wall that kept him disconnected from the world.

"I've taken your powers and I'll be damned if you ever use them again for as long as that boy lives."

I gasped in shock. My powers. The only thing that made me a titan. He had just taken them away, like they were nothing. A small tear escaped my eye as I looked up at him. His face grew even more angry (if that's possible).

"HE'S MAKING YOU WEAK CHILD! HE'S DISTRACTING YOU FROM YOUR ONE AND ONLY PURPOSE IN LIFE!"

I was thrown down against the concrete floor. I bit my lip stopping myself from moaning in pain. Without powers I felt pain like a normal person. After the pain subsided I started thinking about his words. He's making me weak. Did father know? He couldn't possibly know about any of my emotions. As much as I wanted to believe that he didn't know I had to accept the fact that he did indeed know that I like beastboy.

My crush started after he discovered the beast. The way he protected me. How he wouldn't even let the other titans touch me out of fear that I'd get hurt. He saved me. I sighed remembering that day vividly. My father noticed me and scoffed annoyed again.

"Go child and GET RID OF HIM"

I looked at him confused before I started to feel dizzy. Everything went black again.

I woke up and rubbed my head. It started hurting from all the blacking out. I went to sit up but noticed I was being held down by something, or someone. I look over and smiled at the view. Beastboy was sitting next to me, asleep, and was holding onto my hand. I gently pulled my hand from his grip, not waking him, and carefully swept his hair from over his eyes. He began shifting in his sleep as his eyes began to open. He looked around confused before looking at me noticing that I was awake now. He jumped on me before I could say anything and engulfed me in a hug

"Rae! You're awake!!"

I smiled at his excitement. He was the only one who made me feel like I was more than just some demon. He made me feel human.

I quickly hid my smile, shielding myself from expressing emotion.

"Get off beastboy," I said in my usual monotone voice.

He quickly let go and rubbed the back of his head smiling, exposing his fangs. He was so cute and I refused to show how I feel.

"Sorry Rae" he said apologeticly. "I was just so worried about you, ya know? I mean I heard a scream then I come in and you pass out? What ever happened? Are you okay?"

He was talking fast and I could sense the worry in his voice. I giggled which caused beastboy to look at me strangely.

"Okay, first off I'm okay Gar. In half demon remember? I can handle a bit of passing out."

Not for long since my father now possessed my powers.

"And second off it was nothing, just a nightmare. My body went through to much stress and kind of just shut down forcing me to sleep."

Beastboy was looking at me questionably, trying to decide if he believes me or not. I'm assuming he did since he started smiling.

"Well it's still early in the morning and the others are still asleep, wanna go to the roof?" He looked at me, pleading that I said yes.

I smiled at his desperate attempt to spend time with me and replied with a sure before getting up and throwing on my cloak.

Beastboy threw his fist in the air, happy with his small victory and ran to grab a jacket before meeting me in the common room.

"Hey Rae, I'll beat ya there!" He whisper shouted, not wanting to wake the others. He quickly morphed into a bird and looked at me, waiting for my approval.

I froze, remembering I have no powers to phase through the ceiling. I didnt have the heart to admit it. What happens when they find out? Do I get kicked off the team? Do I lose the only home I've ever had?

I shook my head, discarding the thoughts, and looked at beastboy quickly putting on a smile.

"How about we take our time and walk up the stairs like normal people for once?"

He shifted back to his normal self. He wore a playful smirk on his face as he pretended to stretch his legs.

"Bet I can still beat you"

And with that he took off running out of the common room towards the ceiling. I giggled and took off after him shaking my head. He was so childish. Maybe, just maybe, he was what I needed to forget the past events. Or maybe I can talk to him about it and hopefully get some help to get my powers back.

We both got to the ceiling and sat on the edge of it, letting our feet dangle over the edge. I chuckled as beastboy was trying to catch his breath. Someone thought it would be smart to run victory laps around the roof. I leaned back, using my arms to support my weight as I watched the sun slowly peak out from the horizon. Beastboy was watching it too and was showing that toothy grin of his.

"Hey Rae? What do you think the world would be like if the sun didn't rise?"

"Dark" I replied sarcastically which earned me a nudge from his shoulder.

"I'm serious Rae, like would people be in constant fear? I mean they wouldn't be able to see things clearly."

I thought about his words. What would happen?

"I don't know Gar, but things definitely wouldn't be the same."

He looked at me, still wearing that smile of his.

"That's not true. We'd still be friends. No matter what we will always be friends."

I looked at him shocked. He really did think of us as friends? I just assumed since we were a team that he was putting up with me. Maybe I could tell him. Maybe just maybe, I could learn to trust someone.