Chapter Three

Beastboys POV:

After spending time with Raven on the roof we both decided we should get inside before the others wake up and question why we're being friendly towards eachother. I sat on the couch and turned my game system on to start my daily gaming. Raven had gone to her room to meditate. Something about controlling her powers.

After about half an hour of playing video games the other titans, Robin, Star, and Cy came into the common room. Cy was checking all the security alarms while Star and Robin were on the couch flirting. I rolled my eyes at them. They get to be all lovey dovey while I have to stick to dreams and fantasies. I couldn't keep hating on their relationship though. They were happy and I would never want my friends unhappy. I smiled at them as the alarm sounded, signaling that there was trouble.

We all gathered around the big screen as Robin gathered all the information for the mission. Apparently Dr. Light had gotten out and was out being his "evil" self. We all ran out the door, prepared to fight. All of us but Raven. I glanced back at her noticing the nervousness in her face.

Everyone got into their normal positions. Cy got in the T car while Star flew up, carrying Robin. I transformed into a bird ready to fly. Raven did something completely different though, she got in the car with Cy. That's strange, why didn't she just use her powers to fly?

We all got to the part of town that Dr. Light was destroying. We all got into position, waiting for Robins cue.

"Titans GO!"

We all ran into battle, all of us but Raven. Star was shooting star bolts to distract him, allowing Robin to start attacking him with his staff. Cyborg was shooting rays at him, while I would shift into different animals to get close to attack him. Nothing seemed to be working. Its like it phased right through him. Suddenly there were a bunch of robots surrounding us as he disappeared.

We spent what felt like an hour fighting off all the robots before he finally showed his real face. We all gathered together, ready to take him on when suddenly there was a big boom. We all turned around as we saw a laser being shot right at Raven. When I realized she wasn't gonna block it I quickly jumped in front of her, shifting into a gorilla as it hit my back. The pain was bearable thanks to all my different animal forms pain tolerance. Once it stopped I shifted back to normal and fell to my knees. The pain was tolerable but my body couldn't handle the hit. Robin commanded Raven to take me back to the tower while they handle Dr. Light. I tried to decline but Robin wasn't letting me stay.

We finally got back to the tower and I collapsed on the couch. I didn't realize how wore out I was. Raven walked over with a bottle of water and a bucket with a rag.

"Take your shirt off and lay on your stomach" Raven commanded me.

I slowly took my shirt off, trying to avoid as much pain as possible.

Ravens POV:

I watched him take his shirt off, trying to hide the blush that appeared on my face. He laid on his stomach like I instructed him to. I gasped as I saw the big red circle that was burned into his skin from the impact of the laser. I gently touched it as he responded with groaning in pain. I grabbed the rag within the bucket and put the cold damp rag on his wound, cleaning it. Next I put some medicine on it to stop it from getting infected and hoped that would be enough.

"Sit up, Carefully" I commanded.

He slowly sat up, pain obvious in his face. I took some gauze and slowly wrapped it around his waist, concealing the wound.

"You need a lot of rest, no fighting for two weeks Gar."

He jumped up, wincing in pain afterwards.