2.Agent Rescue

I had been walking for a long time and at this point I was surprised that enemy agents from the agency I'd just broken into hadn't found me. They had cars and should've been able to easily catch up with me, but I hadn't seen any people for the last three miles.

I pulled out the object that I had broken into the agency, Deathbed, to retrieve. It was a hard drive. Deathbed was very outdated. Not only could they not store the information online, but they had to keep it on a hard drive. It was a miracle that Deathbed was still running. However, the hard drive had originally been stolen from us, making us as outdated as them. I threw the hard drive back into my pocket and looked at the road ahead.

***

Finally, something had appeared on the horizon. I picked up my pace and soon saw that it was a black van. I walked up to the window and knocked.

"Yes?" A man asked without rolling down the window or opening the door.

"Why'd you have to go and park so far away, Hudson?" I yelled at the window. He finally unrolled it looking very scared. I glared right at Hudson Adams, code name Agent Rescue. The somewhat annoying recovery driver, as in there were times when you wanted to kill him and times when you just had to love him. He was about two years older then me, light brown hair that was out of control and always messy, and eyes that he called hazel, but I called brown. His glasses were too big for him. He never took on dangerous missions or did much field work aside from pick ups and drop offs. I knew for a fact that the only reason he joined the agency was because of his father.

"Not so loud, Bunny. You're supposed to use code names outside of the agency in case others hear you" he reminded me.

"You parked in the middle of nowhere! No one is going to hear me" I said exasperated.

"Get in the car. I need to get you back to HQ" Hudson said ignoring my yelling.

"Did you get the hard drive?" He asked as I got in.

"No, I came back without it" I sarcastically said. Hudson gave me a pointed look.

"Of course I got it" I said pulling it out of my pocket and holding it up.

"Hand it over" Hudson said holding out his hand.

"No way. You'll lose it in seconds and I'll get blamed for it" I said.

"I doubt you'll ever get blamed for it. Everyone at the agency knows that agent Bunny never messes up" Hudson said. That was so not true. I messed up all the time, but I kept quiet and let Hudson keep his high opinion of me. Besides, the less anyone knew about what I was like, the better.

"Do you hear that?" Hudson asked.

"The sound of a stampede? I hear it and I wish I didn't" I sighed.

"Take this, drive up the road, and wait for me. If anyone without bunny ears comes along, drive to HQ as fast as you can. Got it?" I asked Hudson. He nodded and I handed him the hard drive. Then he sped away.

I turned around and looked at the road as twenty enemy agents ran towards me. I really hated getting held up and these guys were doing just that. I let out a huff, annoyed by the situation. At least I could take all my anger out on them.

***

I surveyed the damage I had caused. Most of the enemy agents were dead and the rest were badly injured and knocked out. Killing others no longer haunted my dreams. I had made my first kill shortly after I had joined the agency. At the time, I hadn't been hesitant. My hand had been steady and my aim true. After, the face of my victim haunted my dreams for weeks. Eventually, I got used to the killing. I learned that in this line of work, it was their life or mine. I walked away from all the agents and headed in the direction Hudson had driven in.

There was no sign of him, again. Hudson was one of the top ranked recovery agents in the agency. I am still unable to see how that happened. I suppose if anything he would never be caught by others because he stayed so far out of the action that he was well beyond safe. I finally found him and hopped in the car with another huff.

"I know I said to drive up the road, but the road ended a couple miles back" I complained holding my hand out for the hard drive. He handed it over and said "We're running late."

"And who's fault is that?" I asked.

"Besides, it's not like there's an actual return time for any mission. Just a time you're expected to be back by" I added.

"Still, we'd better hurry" Hudson said.

"Then start driving" I commented leaning back in my seat and pulling on my seatbelt.

"Did your eye color change?" Hudson asked as he started driving.

"I'm glad you noticed. My eyes are blue today, but wether the color is real or not is something you'll never know" I said.

"Your hair changed" he commented.

"I was sick of the old style" I said.

"How do you get away with hiding your identity from everyone?" Hudson asked.

"It shouldn't be allowed" he exclaimed. No one at the agency knew what I looked like or who I was. Even my name was something I kept secret from them.

Everything was secret because one day I had been snooping around on some websites, which I may or may not have been on illegally. On one website, buried deep within the system and behind a state-of-the-art firewall, there was an access point to an even more secretive website. Through that website, I managed to hack into a top secret agency's main system.

After browsing through the information, I messed with one of the pages and typed a letter to inform them of their mistake. Since it was within the main system, they soon saw my message and wrote a reply asking who I was and if I wanted to join the agency.

My next message was a list of things they could either get over or else I wouldn't join. The first was that my age wouldn't be a problem, then came no one ever knowing what I looked like, next was what my name was, after that was if no one ever knew any of my personal information, and the rest was mostly unimportant stuff. They quickly agreed to my terms and I got the job. The agency I had hacked into ended up being called The Agency. No one there knew anything about me thanks to my terms. To the others, I was just agent Bunny, one of the best agents in the agency.

The agency knew all the other agents names. I also knew all of them. Most agents insist on going by their code names both inside and outside of the agency. I still figured them out. If the name wasn't said in a conversation, then there were other ways to find out their name. In the agency, I am the only one with an unknown name. I am the only one who remains anonymous.

"Your father has never had a problem with my name being a secret" I pointed out. Hudson's father ran our agency he was the boss. His code name also happened to be the Boss. His father was the one who had agreed to all of my terms and recruited me to The Agency.

"My father should have tried harder to find out who you are" Hudson complained.

"We've had this discussion plenty of times, Hudson and I say that same thing each time" I pointed out. Hudson was among the many agents that were obsessed with trying to find out my identity.

"I'm just agent Bunny. One of the top ranked agents with one of the least deadly names" I stated. Hudson drove on in silence.

Author's Note

Hey everyone! Thoughts on agent Rescue? Did I do a good job with creating his character? Do you like the character or does he seem unnecessary? Also, there's going to be a lot of characters in this story, so I'll probably start a character guide with names, code names, and other basic info. It'll get updated as the story goes along. Just a warning to anyone who's reading this story after more parts are posted, there may be spoilers in the character guide. So, if you want to avoid them either avoid the guide or be careful when looking through it. Anyways, please vote and comment. Thanks

-Panda12Panda12
P.S. Unfortunately, I have no plans to use pandas in any of the code names