17.Protocol

We were currently standing near the side of the road. Both Lucy and Hudson had already driven to safety and now the rest was up to us. We had exactly five minutes to pull this off. That was the amount of time in between when the guards would check in with each other so that was the amount of time we had. A single mistake would alert the other side of the gate that we were here and cause the entire mission to fail.

"Alright. Here's the plan. Handsome, you'll need to travel up the road and intercept a car. Just knock out the agent in it and steal it. Exactly twenty minutes after you set out, you'll need to be back at the gate. Make sure all windows are rolled up and cover your face. No matter what happens don't open up the car or unroll any of the windows" I told him. "Are you going to explain why I need to do this?" Dylan asked me. "No. Now, Protecter you'll need to go stand in the distance" I told him. "What?" He asked. "Stand about a quarter of a mile away from the gate maybe a bit farther to be safe" I told him. He stared at me before finally nodding in agreement.

"Final thing, the second you see the gate open is your signal to move. Protecter make a run for the gate and Handsome backtrack to grab him then drive straight through" I told them. "What about the guards?" Dylan asked. "They won't be a problem" I said. "Won't they be able to notify the entire place that we're here?" He argued. "Don't worry about it" I told him.

I glanced down at my watch. "Time to go. Twenty minutes" I reminded Dylan as he took off running mumbling under his breath. "Tell me the rest of the plan?" Nate asked me once Dylan was out of sight. "It'll take awhile" I told him. "We have time" he said pointing at my watch. "Then sure but you'd better stay out of my way once you know" I warned. He nodded in agreement. With that, I began to explain the entire plan.

***

I watched as Handsome pulled up to the gate right as my watch hit the twenty minute mark. I slowly crept forward, making sure to stay out of sight, until I was able to hear their conversation. "Code name now" the guard demanded. Radio silence and the guard began to bang on the car window. "Unroll the window and give your code name" he yelled.

The other guard near the gate came over to help with the situation and suddenly both were attacking the car. A few seconds after their attack began, one of the guards from the control room came down and joined them. This was all part of A Planet's Death protocol for the gate. If a person is concealing their identity or refusing to give a code name, then a force consisting of the two guards on ground level at the gate and one of the guards from the control room were to identify the person through any means necessary. Sometimes protocol was helpful.

However, there was still one more guard in the control room and we only had three minutes and thirty five seconds left. That is where Nate came in. In about five seconds, it would happen. I waited until I heard the guard in the control room speak "Figure on horizon. Hasn't moved for the last minute and a half" he said. I watched as he came out of the control room and I quickly slipped inside. I ran over to the controls as I listened to the guards argue over what to do.

Protocol was being helpful yet again. If any figure remains unmoving for over a minute then they are identified as a possible threat and one guard from the control tower and one guard from the gate must go to check out the situation. With the situation I created, there weren't enough guards to follow protocol. So, they were stuck arguing as I got to work. In about thirty seconds, they would remember the emergency procedure and break off into two groups each one containing a control room guard and a gate guard.

However, no one would come near the control room until I was done. I quickly got to work on imputing the proper access codes and I watched as the gate opened. We still had about a minute left and I took the time to send a minor virus to all the gate control systems. Neither side of the gate would be able to contact each other for around an hour. Their check in system was broke and we could get through undetected.

I came out of the control room and saw all the guards chasing after Dylan and Nate in the car. The second Dylan pulled away, protocol demanded that the guards chase after him instead of worrying about the opening gate.

I calmly walked through the gate and knew Dylan and Nate would be right behind me. I watched as they drove in and saw the gate close right after them blocking the other guards from coming through.

They pulled to a stop next to me and I hopped into the car. "Time to get agent Desk" I said. "How?" Dylan asked shocked that we had made it in. "Protocol" I answered trying not to laugh at how hilarious his expression was. However, Nate didn't even bother to try to hide his amusement and he burst out laughing at his friend.

While Nate was laughing and Dylan was yelling at him, I couldn't help but let out a small sigh of relief. So many things could have gone wrong with my plan and the smallest thing could have cost us the whole mission. Failing this mission could mean the end of Margret.

There really wasn't any room for error and if either Dylan or Nate had done something wrong, all of my planning would have been for nothing. If Dylan unrolled that window or if Nate didn't stand in the right spot. There were so many things they could have done wrong. One mistake on their part would cost me the entire mission and I wasn't the type of agent who would fail a mission as important as this just because other people got in my way.

Author's Note
Hey everyone! So it's technically late. Sorry about that. I was busy today so I didn't have much time to write. But I did it! Day 3/6 is done. Expect another update sometime today after I get some sleep. Anyways, please vote and comment. Let me know what you think about Bunny or anything else in this. Thanks for reading. Till next time
-Panda12Panda12