Chapter Fifteen

It was a couple days since we all got back from Italy. I enjoyed the little vacation immensely, but I was also glad to come back to the place I know and love.

Nick has decided to move all my stuff to his room since it apparently helps him sleep better if I'm in bed next to him, but I knew the real reason— well two reasons: my safety and his feelings.

During the past couple days, I have been begging Nick to go back to my old job or find a new one, but he's adamant about not letting me out of the house. It was getting frustrating, but I'll keep asking until he gives up.

I was taking chicken pot pies out of the oven when Nick came home. I put them on a plate and turned around to see him at the island, sitting on a stool.

"We can eat here today. I have something to show you." He said.

I brought the plates over to the island and sat down. He handed me a packet and a pen. What?

"Read it." He told me.

I scanned over it and was shocked to see it was the papers to build a new restaurant.

"Are you building a new restaurant?" I asked.

"No. It's for you. You're an amazing cook and have got great taste. I think you'll make an amazing restaurant manager. I know you've been wanting to do something, so I thought of this. It pretty close to our house, so you can always come back if you don't feel safe."

I was so happy, so I suddenly wrapped my arms around him. He wrapped his around me. And I whispered a thank you in his ear before placing a kiss on his cheek. I felt him stiffen and heard him intake a breath of air. It felt good to know the effect I have on him.

"Let's watch a movie." He suddenly said.

"Okay. Just let me change into something more comfortable." I said.

"I should do that too."

I chuckled and ran off to our bedroom. I went into the bathroom after grabbing my white silk nightgown, so I could brush my teeth. I have a feeling I'll fall asleep.

Once I exited the bathroom, I saw nick wearing a dark grey v-neck and black sweatpants. His head turned to look at me, and I knew he would have to restrain himself. Hey, I'm just showing him what he could have and enticing him a little.

We made our way down to the living room, and I honestly just agreed with the first movie he chose because I wanted to have some fun teasing him. The movie started as he sat back down; I noticed it was Jurassic Park. He knows me well.

Once he sat down, I swung my bare legs over his, my nightgown rising a little up my thigh as I did so. I saw in my peripheral vision that he stared right at where the hem of my nightgown was on my thigh. I just pretended to watch the movie.

After a little bit, he seemed to be paying attention to the movie. I was wrong though because when I slightly shifted my legs, causing my nightgown to rise a little higher, his gaze instantly fell onto my legs.

I kept my eyes on the screen. Then, I felt a hand on my thigh. I mentally smirked. He started to rub my thigh with his hand like he couldn't resist touching me.

I decided to move closer to him, and he suddenly stopped. He began again when he saw I just went to lean on his side and wrap my arms around him, not walk away.

I was getting really tired however, so I just let him continue to stroke my thigh as I fell asleep on him. I was going to try to tease him a bit more, but I gave up when I felt so comfortable, and it was so late.

Before I completely drifted off, I felt him pick me up, so I snuggled closer. He carried me to, I assume, our bedroom. Once he laid me down, I felt a kiss on my forehead and mentally smiled.

"What are you doing to me?" I heard him mumble just before I completely faded away.