Chapter Twenty

I groaned as I felt the cold sheets beside me. Ugh, where is he?

The growl of my stomach briefly interrupted my thoughts. Maybe he could be in the kitchen.

I jumped out of bed, shivering as the chilly air hit my naked skin. Quickly crossing my arms, I ran over to the closet to get a robe. Once the fluffy, warm fabric enveloped my body, I let out a sigh.

Quietly making my way down the stairs, I let out a yawn and haphazardly searched for Nick. I didn't see him anywhere on the way to the kitchen, so I shrugged it off for now and started to make breakfast, stumbling around while collecting all the ingredients.

BANG!

I jumped and covered my mouth, so I didn't scream. What the hell was that?

"Fuck," I heard a deep voice grumble. Looks like I know where he is.

I tiptoed my way toward the sound and saw Nick hunched over the front door to the house, metal tools laying on the hardwood floor all around him. Once I got closer to him, hearing my soft footsteps, he turned around.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you,"

I waved him off, "don't worry about it. You didn't," my gaze drifted toward the door behind him, "what are you doing?"

"Just some safety precautions," he shrugged.

I walked closer to the door to see what exactly he was doing, and what I saw had my jaw dropping so far down, that it would be halfway to China. Three giant deadbolt locks were attached to the side of the door, and from the looks of it, he wasn't done.

"What are you doing? Preparing for the purge?" Yes, we watched it last night.

An amused grin appeared on his face. "I'm just making sure nothing happens to you. My number one priority now is keeping you safe."

Even though my heart exploded and I wanted to cry from how much he cares about me, I though this was going too far.

"Nick, I'm sure one is enough."

"Maybe, but I'm not taking any chances. I have to do the windows after this too."

"You don't have to do this," I started.

"But I want to. It'll help me go to work and not worry as much about not being here to protect you."

I smiled at his words. "You worry about me?"

"How could I not? You're on my mind all the time." He stated nonchalantly while my heart was beating a thousand times a second. How could I get this lucky?

I walked closer and pulled him into a kiss, which he instantly returned. My hands made their way into his hair, and his arms tightened around my waist. I gently nibbled on his lip, which elicited a groan from him. He pulled me up to bring my closer and I wrapped my legs around his waist.

He started to carry me somewhere, but I didn't really care where. I broke the kiss with one last lingering peck to the lips, moving to the corner of his lips instead. I traveled from his lips to his cheek to his jaw and down to his neck, gently sucking and nibbling as I went. I could hear his breathing become heavier as I continued to kiss him down his neck. I moved over to his Adam's apple to give it a quick peck before I gently sucked on it, causing a sharp inhale from him.

I didn't even notice that he set us down on a nearby couch. He was sitting, while I was straddling him, sitting right over a very hard part of his. His hand gripped my butt as slowly moved down to his shoulders and then his chest, unbuttoning the top few buttons of his shirt. Right as his hands met the tie on my robe, our heated gazes met one another, he slowly pulled the rope to let the robe fall open. Just as I leaned in, flicking my glance to his lips, the door burst open.