Twenty-Eight

A/N: before this chapter starts, I would like to mention that I read every single comment and all of you are so cute and I smile every time from the reactions. Thank you!

Once all the plates and bowls of food were in their places, I quickly did a once over in the mirror to make sure I looked good for Nick. Every time he stares at me or just stops everything he's doing because I look beautiful, shivers run down my spine and my heart flutters. That's one thing I absolutely love. The way he looks at me like I'm the only girl in the world; the only person who matters to him. The care and love shine so brightly in his eyes when they're on me that I am almost addicted to it, that I will do everything I can to take his breath away.

Just when I was satisfied with how I looked, I heard keys jingle by the door. They're here! I quickly jogged over to a spot next to Lily and waited for Ryan to walk in. The low laughter of both of the men echoed through the halls as they took off their coats and shoes. As they got closer to the kitchen, I anxiously waited for their arrival.

Suddenly, a figure appeared in the doorways and Lily, Nick, and I all yelled, "Surprise!"

Ryan stood with wide eyes for a brief moment before looking around the room at all the decorations and food and asking, "you did this all for me?"

"Of course! I always want you to have an amazing birthday!" Lily cheerfully replied with a glowing smile. Ryan also having a giant beaming smile on his face. He quickly made his way over to her, wrapped his arms around her waist, and kissing her while he picked her up and spun her around. "God, I love you," he let out between kisses.

While Ryan was busy pecking every inch of his wife's face, Nick walked over to me and wrapped an arm around my waist. He quickly kissed me and stared into my eyes just how he always does, with all the love and compassion in this world just for me. "You look beautiful," he groaned.

"Why say it like that?"

"Because I won't be able to keep my eyes off of you,"

There it was. The shivers and the heart fluttering. The corners of my mouth lifted up into a teasing smirk. "Exactly what I was going for,"

He leaned his head down by my ear and whispered, "you shouldn't tease me if you want to walk tomorrow," His lips lightly brushed over my ear lobe as he spoke, causing even more shivers to run down my spine, and by the smirk which appeared on his face, I knew he could tell just the effect he had on me.

I let a pout form on my face as I said, "but I have to train the new employees at the restaurant tomorrow,"

"They can wait a few days. I missed you,"

"You saw me this morning," I softly shook my head while smiling.

"So? I can never get enough of you,"

"Well, in that case, I missed you too," I said before standing up on my tippy toes and kissing his soft lips.

We only pulled apart when someone cleared their throat. We both turned toward the sound to see Ryan with his arm wrapped around Lily, both smiling at us.

"Wait a sec, why aren't you freaking out?" Ryan suddenly accused.

"I found out a few days ago," lily shrugged.

"Oh come on, I wanted to see your reaction," Ryan pouted.

"I don't think you would have. I might be deaf in my right ear now. Who knew phone speakers even went that loud?" I added.

Ryan chuckled. "Sometimes I think I should buy one of the readers that measure the decibels of a sound for you,"

"She would probably break it," Nick joked.