Thirty-Two

I woke up feeling really sore. I couldn't even open my eyes because of the massive headache I had and my arms felt like they would fall off any moment. I tried to bring my arms down, but cold metal pressed against my wrist and an annoying scraping sound came from above my bed.

I squirmed around a bit, trying to free my hands free from whatever was holding them up. As I moved over to my side, I felt a hard corner press into my abdomen. My phone.

Suddenly, the events of last night came rushing back to me, and I shot up, or at least tried to since whatever was restraining my wrists pulled me back down. I peeled my eyes open, slowly adjusting to the light to see shiny mental handcuffs attaching my wrists to one of the metal poles of the headboard.

I observed the room I was in to see a nicely decorated place rather than a stone cold prison cell. The walls were painted lilac with white accents to match. Most of the furniture was black and white in more of a girly style. Did a woman live here before?

I shook my head to clear my mind of the useless thoughts. I needed to focus on getting out of here. Luckily, I doubt they knew I had my phone with me since I still have it, so Nick probably knows where I am. I felt a wave of relief knowing that he's probably going to be here soon.

I shimmied up the bed to sit up and remembered I have Bobby pins in my hair from work. My headache was getting worse and my muscles were so sore, but I managed to angle my head near my hands. I plucked two pins and bent them into the right shapes for picking the lock. I sent a thank you to Ryan for teaching me this.

It took a bit of fumbling with the pins to finally be able to turn the lock open, but once I unlocked the handcuffs, I let out a much anticipated sigh of relief. I carefully rubbed my wrists and checked over them to find only a few bruises which were all pretty small.

I carefully made my way off the bed, feeling slightly dizzy as I stood up. I groaned as my head started to pound. This was not the time for this. I learned my lesson from last time, so the first thing I was going to do was find a weapon. A real weapon.

I assumed they wouldn't just keep weapons around in this room, so I had to get out of this room. I carefully turned the doorknob to find the door was locked. I scanned over the knob and then the whole door for a keyhole, but there wasn't one. I looked around the room for any other ways of escaping and noticed a window.

I quietly rushed over to it to find a ledge I could walk easily on if I climbed out. I noticed a few men patrolling the area, so jumping down wasn't an option. Luckily, they never would look up, so if I was quiet, I could probably get to another room.

So, I slowly opened the window making as little noise possible and stepped out onto the ledge. I arbitrarily chose to go right and started searching for a room that could have a weapon. The first window was a library and so was the second. The third was a bedroom, but there was a man in there, so I ducked under and continued on. The fourth, however, was an empty bedroom and by the looks of it a man's bedroom.

I carefully slid the window open, scanning the room the entire time for anyone, praying no one would be in there. I silently stepped inside and shut the window behind me. I rushed over to the nightstands. I opened one and it was empty apart from a a few charging cables. The other one though was exactly what I was looking for. I picked up the cold metal gun and took in a breath. I hope I don't have to use it, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Suddenly, I heard the click of the bathroom door, and a man walked out in a towel. Fuck, I forgot about the bathroom. I instinctively raised the gun up and pointed it at him. "Don't come any closer," I warned, my heart beat quickening as I really didn't want to use it.