Alex & Gabrielle

I know this is supposed to be Paris and they should be speaking French, so let's just pretend they are while I write this whole thing in English for simplicity.

The stench of alcohol and sweat was the first thing I noticed, besides the flashing lights and blaring music. I looked around the room to notice everything about the place was dark expect for the stage lights. Sweaty bodies grinded against each other on the dance floor, and people were taking shots near the bar, the cling of the glasses against the counter bouncing off the walls every now and then.

I pushed my jet black hair behind my ear as I took a moment to observe myself in the reflection. I wore a tight little black dress matching the strappy black three inch heels. My bronzer made my fair skin look slightly tanned in the dark light, and the black mascara made my brown eyes appear brighter. I bit my lip from my nervousness, forgetting temporarily about my red lipstick.

I was a mess on the inside right now. I normally don't go out to clubs or huge parties. In school, I was know as the nice pretty girl while my friends, who decided to drag me out here tonight, were the popular party girls. I still have no idea how I'm friends with them. They partied while I stayed home and studied, but still, they were always so nice to me.

Suddenly, my friend Belle grabbed my arm and started dragging me over to a round table in the corner. She ordered wine for everyone while my friends were checking out some of the guys here.

"Loosen up!" Belle exclaimed while jokingly massaging my shoulders. "Gab, you're hot! Just have a little fun tonight since I bet all the guys here will be chasing after you!"

I laughed uncomfortably. "I don't know, Belle. I'm not this type of person."

"Just have a few drinks and get on the dance floor," she waved me off. "You'll be having fun in no time."

One by one, they all left to go dance or to talk with some guy, but I just sat there alone with my third glass of wine, wishing I was anywhere else. I wasn't a party girl, and this club wasn't my style. I pouted and rested my head in my hand, sipping some more wine— at least that I can count on.

"Why are you sulking here all alone?" A deep voice sounded from my side.

I glanced up, surprised someone came over to talk to me. Even though I wasn't enjoying being here, I had to admit that I felt glad that a man as attractive as this one noticed me. He was tall, and his suit looked like it was sculpted to show off his muscles. I was intrigued by him to say the least.

"You know the cliché situation in which the girl who studies all the time gets dragged out to a club by her friends?"

"Yep," he replied.

"On top of that, they all left me here," I muttered.

"Why don't you go dance with them?" He asked, curiosity illuminating his face.

"I would if this were a different club."

"What do you mean?" His eyebrows furrowed together and he leaned in closer to me.

"This club resembles more of an American college frat house than a luxurious, European club that it's marketed as." I took another sip of my wine.

"Come on, it's a club. It's supposed to be dark besides the stage lights. It gives it a more mysterious night life feel. The black leather couches are designed to make this place look sleek with the black marble countertops. And the dance floor is made of—" he paused noticing my fading focus. "Are you even listening?"

"Yes," I replied. "It just takes me a while to process so much stupid all at once." Okay, that's enough of the red wine.

I looked up to him to see a completely taken a back expression as if no one has ever talked back to him in his entire life.