Chapter 9 ➺ Harry

It's been a week since the whole party thing, and I wish it had never happened. I cannot believe I let my guard down to anyone, most of all, her. My friends have asked why I left so suddenly from the party, but I can't tell them.

I don't really know why I even went, especially when I was drunk. Suprisingly, I remeber it all very vividly--going to the hosptial, her being surprised to see me there, our conversations. A shiver traveled down my spine as I thought about what I had said. I apologized, and she forgave me, for what reason I have no idea, but then I just poured my heart out to her like some lovesick teenage girl. I've never talked like that with anybody before, not since I was a kid.

I don't understand why she would forgive me so easily. Or why she didn't kick me out of the room right when I showed up wasted. That's what any reasonable person would do, although I've learned Paisley isn't like most people.

Either way, it was a very foreign experience for me, not one I'd like to repeat. It's better when I push my feelings to the side anyway. That's what my parents always taught me to do.

I got up and showered, throwing on a black ramones t-shirt and some skinny jeans. My hair was still wet, curling up around my ears as I walked out the door.

The drive to school was short, too short for my liking as I didn't really want to be here. Getting out, I grabbed my books and headed into hell.

I walked up to the third floor and to the end of the hallway, where some of my friends were standing. We always meet at the end of the hallway in the morning and between classes.

"Hi." I mumbled, walking up to the group. They knew mornings weren't my thing.

"Hi." They all said back in unison. Liam, Zayn, Luke, and Ashton were all here already. Louis picked up Niall on the way to school, and they were almost always running late.

"So how was she?" Ashton asked Zayn.

"Who?" I asked.

"Zayn went home with a girl after that party." Ashton smirked, as I nodded in understanding.

"We had a good time." Zayn said, his eyes sparkling under his long lashes.

"Will you see her again?" I asked. I don't really know why I cared, but I was curious, and I mostly wanted to keep the attention off of my actions at the party.

"Yeah, I got her number and we've been talking the past couple days. " Zayn said. "So what happened to you Saturday night, Harry?" Dammit.

"I went home." I replied smoothly, not intending for them to know what happened at all.

"Well, you missed a lot after you left. That place went fucking crazy." Ashton said.

"Too bad." I said, not really interested in the details of what I'd missed. Louis and Niall soon showed up, cutting it really close on time. We all talked a little more about the party, and everyone mostly ignored the fact that I raced out of there drunk and frantic.

When the warning bell rang, we all went our seperate ways, me heading downstairs to my American Literature class. As I was walking, I could feel someone staring at me. I looked over my shoulder to see Paisley in the stream of students heading down the stairs.

"Hi Harry." She said, giving me a small smile. Why was she doing this? Why was she talking to me. We have nothing to discuss. I apologized, she forgave, we're done now. Just because I showed up drunk at her hospital room in the early hours of the morning, doesn't mean we're suddenly friends. We are two very different people with different groups of friends, and I'll be caught dead before I'm seen talking to her.