Chapter 22 ➺ Paisley

It's been a couple weeks since I brought up the idea of double dating with Harry and Heather. I'm beyond excited about it. We had to plan it for awhile away to make sure all four of us could make it, but it's finally here.

All of us are going bowling tonight. I haven't actually met Heather, but Harry has told me a little bit about her. Apparently they've been texting a lot since he agreed to ask her out again. I can't wait to meet her, though. She seems really nice and will probably be a good influence on her. At least I hope she will.

Will and I have gotten a little bit closer since our first date. We're taking it pretty slow, which I'm grateful for, but at the same time, I still don't feel like I know him as deeply as I should by now. I just don't feel connected to him on a deeper level yet. It all takes time though, I know.

I sat in the car next Will. The two of us were meeting the two of them at the bowling alley. Harry threw a big fit when I suggested bowling, saying it was "lame as hell," but I told him it was the perfect activity because it wasn't really intense and didn't carry too much pressure. He grumbled and told me I overthink this stuff too much. I told him to shut up because he knew I was right. He eventually agreed, so I consider it a win for myself.

We pulled up to the bowling alley just a couple minutes before seven. The parking lot was pretty empty for a Friday night, which was good for us since it wouldn't be that crowded. Will came over and opened my door, helping me out of the car like the gentleman he was.

We walked in and reserved a lane. Harry and Heather hadn't gotten here yet. Will bought me a soda from the food bar, and we just sat around waiting and joking. I should have known Harry wouldn't be on time. He seemed to have his own clock.

About twenty minutes later, I recognized a mop of curly hair walking through the door. I jumped up and signaled over to them. Beside Harry was a tall and slender brunette girl. She was gorgeous. She had a smile on her face as she walked in, however the expression on Harry's face told me he wasn't quite as happy as she appeared to be.

When they made it over to us, I engulfed Harry in a hug. "Hi." I said quietly, only so he could hear.

"Hi." He pulled away from me, "Heather" standing right beside him and Will on my other side.

"Uh, this is Heather." Harry said awkwardly, gesturing towards her. I extended my hand, and she took it smiling and saying hello.

"I'm Paisley, and this is Will." I said, and Will introduced himself to Heather and gave Harry a curt nod. We all exchanged 'nice to meet yous' and got comfortable around each other. We talked for a little while, just getting to know each other.

From what I could tell, Heather seemed nice, but also like a bit of an airhead. She mentioned she was in college, which kind of surprised me because although she had the confidence of a college student, there didn't seem to be much going on in her head. She was cool though, and as long as Harry likes her, that's all that mattered.

"So should we get this game of bowling going?" Will asked, standing up.

"Yeah, for sure." I said.

"Sounds good." Harry said. He went up to the control pad and put all of our names in.

"Should we do teams?" I asked, thinking it could be fun to see who would do better.

"No." Harry said immediately. He was such a fun sucker.

"Why? Are you afraid you'll lose?" I taunted, knowing that if someone challenged him it would get him to want to play.

"No, actually I'm afraid you won't be able to handle the loss." He said smoothly.

"Alright then. Will and I versus you and Heather."