Chapter 27 ➺ Harry

I buttoned up the last few snaps on my shirt as my phone chimed from the dresser. Tonight was my date with Paisley, and I'm not going to lie, I'm somewhat nervous. I don't know why, because it's just her, but now everything has changed and it feels like there's a little more pressure than there was before.

I planned to take her out to an Italian restaurant because that seems classy. I don't know if she'll want to, and I don't want to push her, but then I was thinking we could come back to my house and watch a movie. We'll just see how it goes, though.

From: Paisley :D- You're picking me up at seven, right?

I quickly typed back a response.

To: Paisley :D- Yes. I'm just about to leave :)

I took a deep breath and another look in the mirror and then felt too much like a girl, so grabbed my keys and went straight out to the car.

I was so relieved when Paisley told me she wanted to give 'us' a try. I knew all along that I was developing feelings for her and us giving this a shot is exactly what I wanted to happen, even if I tried denying it in the beginning. I'm determined to make this the best date she's been on so there's not a hint of regret in deciding to be in a relationship with me.

I was over at Paisley's before I knew it, and I made my way up to the front door. I don't know if Paisley's mom knows about us being more than friends, but I'm certainly not going to be the one to tell her.

I rang the doorbell and waited a couple moments until Paisley appeared.

She looked amazing.

She was wearing a flowy dress with printed flowers on it. Her hair was curled in waves around her. She had a little make-up on, but not much. And I can honestly say she's never looked more beautiful.

"Hi."

"Hi." She said, smiling brightly.

"You look beautiful." I said, her appearance taking my breath away.

"Thank you, Harry. You look nice too."

"You by my side is what makes me look good, Pay." I said cheekily.

"Whatever, Harry." She said laughing. "Let's go." She shut the door behind her and followed me to the car. I walked over to her side and opened the door for her and she just laughed at me.

"Hmm, maybe I should have made this a relationship sooner if you're gonna do such nice things for me." She joked.

"Just trying to be a gentleman." I said. This was the chemistry I loved between us; the playful mood and flirty back and forth.

I walked over to my own side and got in the car, starting it up.

"So, I thought we could go out for dinner, obviously. And then, we don't have to, but if you're up for it we can go to my house and watch a movie. We just recently got netflix, so there's lots of movies for us to watch." I said.

"That sounds great, Harry. I'm so excited for tonight." She said, looking to me as her eyes sparkled. How did I never notice how pretty she was until now? "Where are we going for dinner?"

"Romas. It's a little Italian place. You like that, right?"

"Of course. I eat Italian food like I'm actually Italian." She joked. She was having fun. Good, the night has started out good.

We were both quiet for a moment, so I turned up the radio. I put the Ed Sheeran CD in right before I got to her house because I knew it was her favorite. And that proved to be a good idea when she looked over at me and smiled.