Epilogue

The last chapter, ahhhh. Dedicated to NotYourBabexxx, H0ranYum, and marrg7 ! Thank so much to you guys for following this story and always reading and voting! I love you guys!! Enjoy this last part!  ◡̈

Paisley

My stomach stirred with nerves as I looked at myself once more in the mirror. My hair looked good, as did my make-up. My jewelry was perfectly placed to accentuate my dress and my shoes were strapped on and ready to go.

I dabbed a bit of lip gloss on to finish off my looks and sprayed my neck with perfume. I was about ready to go downstairs and see my mom, dad, and aunt. Hattie had helped me get ready for the most part, but she gave me a last few minutes to myself before I was leaving.

Satisfied with everything, I headed for the stairs. Everyone was in the kitchen, waiting. And the minute I walked in, there was an echo of oohs and ahhs.

"Oh, Paisley, you look beautiful." My mom cried, coming to give me a hug.

"Thanks, mom."

"Paisley, you're gorgeous." My dad said, taking his turn to give me a hug. Aunt Kara and Hattie did the same and ogled over my appearance.

Both of my parents were cautious about me going to prom again, as I myself was at first. But, eventually, they warmed up to the idea and realized I couldn't not go just because of what happened last year.

The same goes about their attitude about Harry and I's relationship. Obviously they weren't thrilled to find out we were dating, but after seeing how happy I was and how much Harry has changed, they've warmed up to the idea. As time goes by, I know they'll learn to like and appreciate all aspects of Harry as I do.

We chatted for awhile as we waited for Harry to get here to pick me up. I had picked out his boutonniere earlier this morning. I had picked out a white daisy. The simplicity of it stood out to me, and I think it would highlight Harry's dashing good looks.

"Do you have your ticket, extra lip gloss, everything you need?" Hattie asked, helping to make sure I had everything I needed.

"I think so." I said.

Moments later, Harry's car pulled up. I waited in the foyer with the rest of my family as Harry came up to the door. He rang the doorbell and my dad went to answer it. I felt my whole body heat up as I saw him. He looked hot. Like really hot. I gulped and braced myself for our introductions.

Harry

I walked up to the door feeling nervous as hell. I couldn't fuck this up.

I knocked on the door, and her dad answered right away.

"Hello, Harry." He said, shaking my hand as I entered the house.

"Nice to see you again, Mr. Evans." I said. Paisley told me she told her parents that we were dating, so I was slightly nervous to see them, but she said they were okay with it, so that made me feel a little bit better.

"Paisley is right in the other room there." He said, directing me towards his daughter.

My eyes landed on her immediately.

Fuck.

She looked gorgeous. Like, extremely, extremely gorgeous. I can't believe she's mine.

"Paisley, you look beautiful. Gorgeous. Oh my god." I said, eyeing her up and down. She smiled at my flustered reaction.

"Thanks, Harry. You look handsome as well."

"Thanks." I took my eyes off of my beautiful girl for a minute to realize there were other people in the room. "Hello everyone." I said to her mom, aunt, and Hattie.

"Hi, Harry. Are you excited for tonight?" Paisley's mom asked.

"Yes. Yes, I am." I said, directing my attention back to Paisley. "Uh, I have your corsage. I said, opening the little box and walking closer to her. I got her a white rose. The florist told me it stood for purity and sympathy and I thought they were fitting for Paisley. I gently grabbed her wrist and slid it on.

"It's beautiful, Harry. And here's your boutonniere. " She said, grabbing what looked to be a simple daisy and pinning it to the jacket of my tux. I loved the simplicity of the small, delicate flower.

"Well, it looks like you guys are ready to go. Have fun, tonight." Paisley's mother said, pulling her into a hug. Her dad reached over to me, shaking my hand again.

"I'll take care of her Mr. Evans, I promise." I said, meaning every word. There's no way this year will turn out like last year. That, I'll make sure of.

"Thank you, Harry." He said, nodding curtly. Paisley hugged her aunt and cousin and said her goodbyes, grabbing her clutch and heading out the door with me. I opened her car door and we were on our way.

"Paisley, you really do look gorgeous." I said, grabbing her hand in the car.

"Thank you, Harry. You really do look awful hot." She giggled.

When we got to the ballroom, we walked into the dance together. The place was decorated beautifully, a romantic aura taking over the place.

"It's beautiful in here." Paisley said, admiring all the decorations.

I held her close to me, my hand always on her waist as we went and said hello to some of her friends and then to some of mine.

This is how prom was supposed to be. And I'm glad I finally got to experience it with Paisley. Later on in the night, a slow song came on and we headed to the center of the dance floor.

Carefully, I placed my hands on her waist and she wrapped hers around my neck. We started dancing slowly with the crowd, our bodies touching. I brought my lips to her neck, gently kissing her.

This girl has turned my world upside down. She means everything to me, and I'm going to do everything I can to not ever let her go.

It's been a year, and we've had teary moments and happy, happy moments. We've screamed at each other, kissed like there's no tomorrow, and even gotten tattoos together. And right now, as I dance at prom with the love of my life, it truly sets in that everything does happen for a reason. And my reason was Paisley.

"I love you, Paisley." I whisper into her ear, clutching her as tight as I can.

"I love you, Harry." She whispered back, crashing her lips on mine.