Chapter 24 ➺ Paisley

There was no warning, no waiting, no holding on. Harry's lips were flush against mine and I felt my eyes close suddenly with the shock of it all. His lips were warm against mine, sending an electric shock through my body. He moved his lips against mine with so much emotion I could feel it flowing through my veins. Just as soon as he started, he pulled away, not giving me enough time to even process what I was thinking. 

He kept our proximity close, however, as he pressed his forehead to mine, leaning into me and closing his eyes. "I'm sorry." He whispered, opening his eyes again and moving them to my lips. "I'm sorry." 

I should be more careful, and I should put some space between us, because things are about to get very complicated, and very confusing between the two of us, but I don't. I don't because I'm so damn tired of hearing him apologize when he has nothing to be sorry for. 

"You need to stop apologizing, Harry." I said, and brought my lips to his this time. It was a rise of high emotions, an outpouring of chaos, and the only reasonable thing was to kiss him again. And I guess we must act on the same wavelengths, because Harry kissed me too. 

He kissed me even harder than before, not rough but with even more emotion. One of his hands rested on my cheek while the other was wrapped around my torso, pulling me into his lap. I could feel the shaking in his movements, telling me this all meant a lot for him.

At this point, it wasn't about what we were going to do when the kiss was over, or tomorrow, or next week, or next year. It's about everything in the past; learning from it, embracing it, and moving on. 

I was closer to Harry than I'd ever been, and our mouths were moving in sync. I was getting short of breath as my senses were overwhelmed. Never had I been more enthralled in a kiss. Never before has someone taken my breath away as Harry was now. And maybe its because of everything we've been through, or maybe it's because he's that good of a kisser, but either way, I don't want to pull away.

And again, he must have been thinking the same thing, because he deepened the kiss, taking control and running his tongue along my bottom lip. I complied, and now we were kissing to no end. 

And even though I was making out with Harry, in his lap, sprawled against my bed, I had never felt safer. Nothing was bad with Harry, nothing was dirty. What we were doing was full of emotion, us acting out our real, true feelings. 

It seems crazy the two of us were a crying disaster moments before, but now I couldn't feel more comfortable. 

Harry was the first to pull away, his breath shaky and cheeks flushed. He grabbed my hands and looked me in the eyes. "What are we doing?" He asked, his voice desperate and his eyes searching mine. 

"I'm not sure, Harry. I'm not sure."

"Me either." Harry said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and pulling us down, so we were laying side by side on my bed. "God, me either." 

We lay together in silence, the faint glow of the twinkle lights on the wall shining down on us like stars from above. Harry's arm is still wrapped around my waist, searing heat into my body where his skin touches mine. We've never laid like this before, but neither of us says anything about it. 

"We'll figure it out." I say, my words breaking into the silence. "We always do."

It seemed that long pockets of silence were fitting for the night, so it was awhile again before Harry spoke. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Silence.

"No."

Silence.

"Neither do I. Let's just let it be for now."